We capped off another great week of storytelling on the Disney Parks Blog with an exciting update that the highly-anticipated toy-filled land inspired by the beloved “Toy Story” films, will open to guests at Disney’s Hollywood Studios June 30, 2018.
When it opens, guests visiting Toy Story Land will “shrink” to the size of a toy and join in on the fun Woody, Jessie, Buzz, and Andy’s other beloved toys are having in Andy’s backyard. Along with the announcement this week, we shared time-lapse video of one of Slinky Dog Dash’s first test runs.
Visit our original Toy Story Land story for more details.
And we kicked off the week with a series of stories from D23 Expo Japan on many of the most popular topics talked about here on the Disney Parks Blog. Our coverage included updates on reimagined favorites to new ways you can encounter Super Heroes, Jedi, classic characters and life-long Pixar pals.
Check out our New Experiences for Disney Parks Around the World story for more information.
Here are some of the other stories we worked on this week.
- New Parks-Exclusive Disney Castle OtterBox Cases Available at Walt Disney World Resort, Disneyland Resort – Beginning this week, new OtterBox mobile cases featuring colorful Disney castle artwork are coming exclusively to Disney Parks and we’re sharing a first look at the designs and where to find them!
- Encounter Rey Beginning this May in Star Wars Launch Bay at Disneyland Resort – As the development of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge continues at Disneyland park, Star Wars Launch Bay in Tomorrowland is your go-to destination for all things from the galaxy far, far away. And beginning this May, a new face will join this interactive experience with the arrival of the Resistance’s newest hero, Rey.
- Epic Shows and Heroic Encounters Thrill Disney Cruise Line Guests During Marvel Day at Sea – From incredible heroic encounters to a spellbinding journey into the Mystic Arts and a super-charged nighttime show with the first-ever Marvel battle at sea, families have more ways than ever to unleash their inner super hero during Marvel Day at Sea aboard the Disney Magic.
- Disney Home Now Open at Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort – The highly anticipated Disney Home store is now officially open at the Disneyland Resort! Disney Home, located in the Downtown Disney District, offers fans a variety of Disney-themed home-related treasures from glass wear to linens, kitchen goods and more. The curated assortment of home goods available will change with each season.
- The Disney Corner, the Newest Store at Disney Springs, is Now Open! – What’s more magical than a two-story store filled with princess fun, Minnie must-haves and selfie-worthy spots throughout? I’m not quite sure, but what I DO know is The Disney Corner, filled with all that and so much more, is now open at Disney Springs!
- Disney Parks Best Bites: February 2018 – For this month’s Best Bites we have some new offerings at Magic Kingdom Park, Disney’s Animal Kingdom, Disney’s Hollywood Studios and more! But first, I’ve got some exciting news straight from Disney Springs!