Our first “long-form” Epcot International Festival of the Arts-inspired live stream has just concluded.
In honor of this year’s Epcot International Festival of the Arts, featured artist Will Gay stopped by Epcot earlier today to paint plein air (which in the art world means creating art straight from the field). Our cameras streamed the entire session live, right here on the Disney Parks Blog. Check out the video above to watch how Will’s painting progressed from blank canvas to finished piece throughout the stream.
Will is just one of many artists whose work is featured at this year’s Epcot International Festival of the Arts. This year’s event also offers seminars, demonstrations, performances and much more. To plan your visit to the Epcot International Festival of the Arts, be sure to visit the festival page.
Check out the list below to see more of Will’s previous work.
- Plein Air at the Japan Pavilion at Epcot
- Plein Air at the Imagination Pavilion at Epcot
- Plein Air in Pandora – The World of Avatar at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Plein Air in Adventureland at Magic Kingdom Park
- Plein Air at World Showcase Lagoon at Epcot
- Plein Air In The Norway Pavilion at Epcot
- Plein Air at The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Plein Air at Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon
- Plein Air at Cinderella Castle at Magic Kingdom Park
- Debuting Our New Artist Series: Sketches from the Park
Awesome! What time was he painting at? Before the park opened?
Will you still be posting the painting as a downloadable wallpaper?
Beautiful piece! Is Will using canvas board or watercolor paper?
Loved seeing the whole process of the painting today. Hope there will be more of these on the Disney Blog!
Thank you for sharing. I really enjoyed watching from Texas.
I’m loving the music and seeing EPCOT peaceful & quiet in the beautiful morning light.
Thanks, Sandra. I’m happy you enjoyed it.
Visited from MN during this festival last year. All time favorite fest. Always enjoy seeing Will’s work on the blog. Thanks for giving us the real-time view.
He’s super talented!
Ready to start the day with something beautiful! What a treat! 🙂
Thanks for watching, Charlotte!
Does he ever sell these? Or copies of them? I would love to buy some and start a collection. Get these babies mass produced! I just love the way he depicts different areas of the parks. They are my favorite.
Will’s art is sold at locations at Epcot and Disney Springs. You can meet him in-person during the Epcot International Festival of the Arts each Saturday from 4:30-6:30 p.m.
Well, you know your Mom and Dad will be watching!