Shanghai Disney Resort is buzzing with exciting new experiences and seasonal offerings over the next few months! With so much going on, we put together a quick guide to make the most of your next visit.
1. Disney·Pixar Toy Story Land – The highly-anticipated Disney·Pixar Toy Story Land will open at Shanghai Disneyland on April 26 with three new attractions: Slinky Dog Spin, Rex’s Racer and Woody’s Round-Up. Guests can already visit the imaginatively themed Toy Box Café which opened last month.
2. Egg-Tastic Festivities – The resort’s popular egg scavenger hunt returns again this year with large sculpted eggs appearing in the Gardens of Imagination and Disneytown. In celebration of Disney·Pixar Toy Story Land, several new eggs will feature fan-favorite Toy Story characters.
3. Colorful Photo Ops – Warm weather brings with it blooming flowers, flowering trees, shrubs and perennials throughout Shanghai Disney Resort. To celebrate the colorful season, guests can snap a photo with Floral Minnie at the entrance to Shanghai Disneyland, created with thousands of beautiful flowers. Inside the park, guests can also find exotic tropical flowers in Treasure Cove and Adventure Isle, as well as quaint flower boxes in Fantasyland.
4. Everything StellaLou – This lovable lavender rabbit made her first appearance at Tokyo Disney Resort and Hong Kong Disneyland Resort last year, and now she’s danced her way to Shanghai. Guests can meet StellaLou alongside Duffy and his friends on Mickey Avenue, pick up exclusive new merchandise at Sweethearts Confectionary and try sweet new treats at Remy’s Patisserie and Il Paperino to celebrate her arrival.
5. New Performances – A new show will begin in front of the Whistle Stop Shop, featuring Mickey, Minnie, Duffy, ShellieMay, Gelatoni and StellaLou. Guests will be invited to join the show as StellaLou leads the crowd in a fun choreographed number. Gelatoni and StellaLou will also join the cast of the popular character gathering in Celebration Square every morning until June 1.
6. Seasonal Merchandise – For a limited time, guests at Shanghai Disney Resort will find dozens of specially designed merchandise featuring spring colors and designs, including a Judy Hopps egg-shaped plush cross-bag, seasonal costumes for Duffy and ShellieMay, and limited-release trading pins.
7. Celebrate Earth – New interactive nature-based activities will take place throughout the resort in April, including a “Celebrate Earth Spring Carnival” in Disneytown from April 13-22. Families and friends can join in a springtime lawn party on the weekends, and booths will pop up along the Lakeshore area with fun educational activites.
Let us know in the comments below what you’re most excited to see and do during your next visit to Shanghai Disney Resort!
Is any of this starting in March? 😬
Going there for the first time in May! Can’t wait to see it and do everything!!!!!! 🙂
I wish the US Disney Parks would create more exclusive and seasonal merchandise like Shanghai Disney, Hong Kong and Tokyo. The US merchandise team needs to take lessons from their international partners.