It is true that good things come in small packages—especially when you are talking about a delicious medium-rare beef tenderloin slider. What could be better? How about topping it with garlic chimichurri and pickled onions? COUNT ME IN!
Our chefs at the Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival at the Disneyland Resort show us how easy it is to make their popular Beef Tenderloin Sliders with Garlic Chimichurri and Pickled Onions, served at the Cluck-a-Doodle-Moo Marketplace, at home. These little bundles of joy strike the perfect balance of the buttery tenderness of beef tenderloin, acidity from pickled onions and the garlicky goodness from chimichurri.
Beef Tenderloin Sliders with Garlic Chimichurri and Pickled Onions
Makes 10 sliders
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- Pinch dried oregano
- 1/2 medium red onion, julienned
- 1 whole bulb garlic, broken into cloves
- 1/4 cup, plus 1 teaspoon canola oil, divided
- Coarse salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 ounces fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
BEEF TENDERLOIN SLIDERS
- 18-20 ounces beef tenderloin
- Coarse salt, freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 10 slider rolls
FOR PICKLED ONION:
- Mix together all ingredients except onion until sugar dissolves.
- Place onion in a jar; pour mixture over and refrigerate 24 hours.
FOR CHIMICHURRI SAUCE:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Drizzle cloves with 1 teaspoon oil, season with salt and pepper and wrap in aluminum foil. Roast 30 minutes, or until golden brown and soft. Cool 10 minutes, then peel each clove.
- Heat orange juice in small saucepan over medium heat until reduced by 1/2. Cool 10 minutes.
- Place peeled, roasted garlic cloves in small bowl and press with back of spoon until smooth. Discard any hard pieces.
- Stir together roasted garlic, orange juice, remaining 1/4 cup of canola oil, parsley, red onions and cayenne pepper in a medium-sized bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
FOR BEEF TENDERLOIN SLIDERS:
- Season beef tenderloin with salt and pepper.
- Grill or pan-sear until center reaches medium-rare. Rest 5 minutes before slicing.
- Cut slider rolls in half and toast. Set aside.
- Slice tenderloin into 10 equal pieces, about 1-inch thick.
- Place one slice of tenderloin on bottom of each slider roll.
- Top beef with chimichurri and pickled red onion.
What to drink? Try a Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon. This full-bodied red wine has aromas and flavors of black cherry and blackberry with mint, tobacco and baking spices.