Starting today through September 3, you’ll be able to experience the adorable “Pixar Play Parade” and dazzling “Paint the Night” parade at the Disneyland Resort for Pixar Fest!
“Pixar Play Parade” features fun, new story elements, adding even more playfulness to this daytime parade at Disneyland park. “Paint the Night” makes its way through Disney California Adventure park with more than 1 million brilliant lights, high-energy music and cutting edge special effects featuring many beloved Disney and Pixar pals.
Here are 10 fun facts!
1. In “Pixar Play Parade,” which is now in Disneyland park, the Pixar Lamp and Ball from Pixar’s original short, “Luxo Jr.” now leads the parade in a larger-than-life fashion. The Lamp is 14 feet tall and the Pixar Ball is nearly four feet wide.
2. You’ll also will want to keep an eye out for Kevin, the friendly bird from “Up” who stands nearly 12 feet tall from her toes to the top of her feathers. The new “Up” story element also features Carl Fredricksen and Dug, while Kevin romps through the parade with pal Russell riding on her back.
3. The new “Inside Out” story element features Riley’s rocket wagon. Nearly 280 memory orbs of all different emotions appear at its base!
4. Baby Jack-Jack sits in one of the claws of the Omnidroid on “The Incredibles” float and, just like in the Pixar film, flames rise from his head when he gets excited.
5. 120-plus performers and crew entertain guests and dance along to the original songs “Countdown to Fun” and “The Party’s On” by Matthew Gerrard and Robbie Nevil, who wrote many of the songs for the successful “High School Musical” movies.
6. “Paint the Night” parade requires more than 200 “universes of control” to operate everything from the video presentations on the floats to the lights on individual costumes.
7. Including the video screens, the parade contains more than one million sources of light. The 500 strobes used in the parade are a custom lighting product developed by Disney.
8. Slinky Dog from “Toy Story” is 32 feet long, with his ears measuring at 18 feet tall and 11 feet across! The 10 spinning disks rotate at 120 RPM and are programmed with custom video content.
9. The five animated doors on the “Monsters Inc.” float are more than nine feet tall with 40 individual LED video panels. They were created in collaboration with Pixar Animation Studios.
10. Mack from “Cars” features a 3D display that creates exceptional depth of image. The display contains nearly 27,000 individual orbs. Almost 2,000 feet of LED “neon” helps bring this float to life.
In June, a new float will be added to the “Paint the Night” parade, featuring Mr. Incredible, Mrs. Incredible and Frozone. The fun and excitement of “The Incredibles” will be brought to life with high-tech, pop-art effects!
What are you most excited to see when these two parades return during Pixar Fest?
Is the Paint the Night Parade not going to be running after September 3rd? My family is planning a trip to Disneyland in October and we are hoping to finally catching it after being too late to see it in 2016.
Thank you! So great! My girls are bopping along to it as we speak! iTunes had it!
Amber- the song is by Owl City. You can probably purchase on iTunes
And Pam- Pixar Play Parade happens during the day in Disneyland and Paint the Night is at night in California Adventures
My girls love the “when can we do this again” song from the paint the night parade. Can we buy the song somewhere?
Pam, to answer your question, the Pixar Play Parade is at Disneyland this year and the Paint the Night is at Disney’s California Adventure Park. I saw the Pixar Parade yesterday and it was at 6:00 PM they also have it at 3:30 Pm on the weekends and Mondays. The Paint the night is at 8:45 PM nightly and on the weekends also at 10:45PM. So you could easily see both the same day if you have park hopper ticket. They are both great!
Will the interactive paint brushes be available?
As i am planning for clarification, Do the two parades happen in the same location? Or different. Am i sitting in one location for both 1 happens during day other at night? Thanks in advance
I can’t wait until Paint the Night is back! Its my favorite parade and it always makes everyone sooooo happy!
What are we looking forward to? Absolutely all of it!! If we sign up for the Chicken dinner with reserved parade area where will we be? Is there anywhere to sit? I walk with a cane, have a brace from a non-healing fracture.