Based on the Disney·Pixar film series, Shanghai Disneyland’s seventh themed land is a high-spirited, colorful world where guests feel as if they’ve been shrunk down to the size of their favorite Toy Story toys.
“We’re incredibly proud of the success of this one-of-a-kind, world-class destination, and we are thrilled to give our Chinese guests even more to explore and enjoy at the resort with the addition of a spectacular new land based on Pixar’s beloved Toy Story characters,” said Bob Iger, Chairman and CEO of The Walt Disney Company.
Visit our original Disney·Pixar Toy Story Land story for more details.
We also shared an update that our next #DisneyParksLIVE stream will feature a favorite spring sight!
May 1 is known as May Day, a day meant to celebrate the change of seasons and officially welcome in spring. To celebrate the season, we’re hosting a #DisneyParksLIVE stream from Magic Kingdom Park featuring one of our favorite spring sights, a beautiful sunrise at Magic Kingdom Park – before the park opens for the day. Tune in May 1 at 6:00 a.m. ET and let us know where you’re tuning in from!
Here are some of the other stories we worked on this week.
- Nineteen People, Four Generations, One Family, of Disneyland Resort Cast Members – For many people, working at the Disneyland Resort is a family tradition. For the Gerlach family, working at the Disneyland Resort is a family tradition spanning four generations and 19 people, dating back to 1956!
- First Look at Exclusive Merchandise and Special Appearances Coming to Star Wars: Galactic Nights on May 27 – Star Wars: Galactic Nights, a one-night special event, will return to Disney’s Hollywood Studios on May 27. In case you aren’t familiar, Star Wars: Galactic Nights is a thrilling Star Wars-themed event held after park hours from 7 p.m.-midnight.
- Pixar Pal-A-Round to Debut at Pixar Pier at Disney California Adventure Park – When Pixar Pier opens this summer, the colorful worlds of Pixar will get a new home at Disney California Adventure park, offering an exciting mix of entertainment, themed food and beverage, merchandise and attractions.
- All in the Details: Woody Arrives in Toy Story Land at Walt Disney World Resort – Toy Story Land is nearing completion at Disney’s Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World Resort – and earlier today, our Imagineers celebrated a new milestone as they welcomed the “rootinest, tootinest cowboy around” – Woody, that is – to his permanent place in the land.
- Sheila E, 98 Degrees, MercyMe, Tauren Wells Bring Magic to 2018 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival – Regular readers of the blog know that music is an integral part of the Epcot “festival” experience. And, we’re excited to give you an update on the “Eat to the Beat” concert series for this year’s Epcot International Food and Wine Festival, coming this fall.
- First Look: New Incredicoaster Trains at Disney California Adventure Park – The much-anticipated Incredicoaster is set to make its high-speed debut this summer when Pixar Pier opens to guests at Disney California Adventure park. Disney Imagineers have been putting the final details on the new trains, which will take you on a thrilling race alongside “The Incredibles.”
- Four Ideas for Planning Your Very, Merry Unbirthday Party – Whether you’re planning a birthday party, a very merry unbirthday party, or a family gathering, there is plenty of Disney inspiration to help you add a few special touches to your celebration. Take a look at these four ideas for planning your very own Alice in Wonderland-themed event – you don’t want to be late for this very important date!