Earth Day, April 22, is right around the corner and Disney’s Animal Kingdom is celebrating its 20th anniversary in a big way. Starting this Sunday, park guests can join in extra-special festivities with an enriching Party for the Planet celebration that runs April 22-May 5.
Here are the top things you need to check out during Party for the Planet at Disney’s Animal Kingdom:
- 1. Rafiki’s Planet Watch is the place to be with family-friendly activities and backstage interactions with animal care experts where you can visit the vet hospital and learn more about the behavior, care and nutrition of the animals.
2. What’s a celebration without tasty treats like Earth Day and Tree of Life cupcakes at Creature Comforts, Pizzafari, Flame Tree Barbecue and Restaurantosaurus. A delicious plant-based Impossible Burger is on the menu at Restaurantosaurus, and Earth Day Sliders (mini Impossible Burgers) are available in Nomad Lounge.
3. Guests wanting to learn more about Disney’s efforts to reverse the decline of at-risk species around the world can take part in Tiffins Talks, themed dinners hosted by animal and conservation experts at Tiffins full-service restaurant. For reservations, call 407-WDW-DINE.
4. Be sure to swing by Windtraders on Pandora – The World of Avatar and adopt a special-edition Banshee created just for the 20th anniversary of Disney’s Animal Kingdom. Plus, there are nature-inspired pins, plush toys, shirts and other Party For the Planet take-homes available throughout the park.
5. Get blossoming nature lovers excited about Earth Day with a chance to build up their badge collection with a limited-edition badge as part of the Wilderness Explorers program. Kids can explore the park in search of clues to learn more about nature and conservation.
6. Mark the anniversary moment with a selfie at fun photo-op locations with themed props, hand-held frames and more.
7. April 22 also marks the debut of the long-awaited Pandora Utility Suit. This new “street entertainer” will wander the land and inform park guests about the flora and fauna on Pandora. It’s a knock-your-socks-off, can’t miss experience!
8. Create an Earth Day souvenir — a lucky penny– with new Penny Press designs saluting the Disney Conservation Fund.
We are very much looking forward to encountering the tiger cubs! CANNOT wait to see them, they’re beautiful in the photos and video clips!
And what about Jiminy? We saw him a few years ago at Rafiki’s Planet Watch and that was the first time in about ten years of visits to see him…soooooo it would be pretty awesome to see Jiminy again! We all LOVE Jiminy!
<3Jiminy, Animal Kingdom, WDW!
Is there any word on Jiminy Cricket?
Thank you for the info. We will be at the park twice next week!