Staying at Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge means you’ll enjoy many of the comforts of home, including a full kitchen in the 1- and 2-bedroom Villas, the breathtaking Grand Villas, and the unique waterfront Cascade Cabins. Food blogger Melissa Bailey recently shared several of her family’s favorite comfort food dishes that are perfect for vacations at this magnificent resort.
You can even have groceries delivered right to your Disney Vacation Club accommodations, making it even easier to enjoy a home-cooked meal while on vacation. Melissa provides some culinary inspiration in this video. Watch as she makes a fun, yet simple to prepare, chicken salad!
Here’s the recipe, which you can recreate at home. Or, if you’re a Disney Vacation Club Member, this is the perfect dish to make part of your annual tradition while staying in your own Villa!
- 2 cups cooked skinless chicken breast, shredded
- 1 cup cooked corn kernels
- 1 cup tomatoes, seeded and small dice
- 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 cup avocados, cubed
- Pinch salt and pepper
- Plantain chips (optional)
- In a bowl, mix the shredded chicken, corn, tomatoes and yogurt until the chicken is well coated.
- Season with lime juice, salt and pepper and adjust to taste.
- Add avocado pieces and toss.
- Serve as a salad, sandwich or with chips.