Staying at Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge means you’ll enjoy many of the comforts of home, including a full kitchen in the 1- and 2-bedroom Villas, the breathtaking Grand Villas, and the unique waterfront Cascade Cabins. Food blogger Melissa Bailey recently shared several of her family’s favorite comfort food dishes that are perfect for vacations at this magnificent resort.
You can even have groceries delivered right to your Disney Vacation Club accommodations, making it even easier to enjoy a home-cooked meal while on vacation. Melissa provides some culinary inspiration in this video. Watch as she makes a delicious chorizo breakfast casserole, which can even be prepped the night before!
Here’s the recipe, which you can recreate at home. Or, if you’re a Disney Vacation Club Member, this is the perfect dish to make part of your annual tradition while staying in your own Villa!
- 1/2 pound Spanish chorizo, small dice
- 1 cup yellow onions, small dice
- 2 cup red bell pepper, small dice
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 cups sourdough bread, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Cook the chorizo in a pan over medium heat for about one to two minutes until most of the oil is released.
3. Remove chorizo, drain and set aside.
4. In about 1 tablespoon of the chorizo oil cook the onions and bell pepper until translucent (approximately 1-2 minutes).
5. In a bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Season mixture with salt and pepper and set aside.
6. Layer bread, chorizo, onions and peppers in an 8-inch baking dish.
7. Pour milk and eggs mixture evenly over baking dish.
8. Sprinkle with cheese.
9. Bake until cooked through and golden brown, about 60 minutes.
10. Once out of the oven, set aside to let rest for 10 minutes before serving.