This week, Pixar Pier at Disney California Adventure park opened to guests! And our Disney Parks Blog coverage included a special edition filled with several great stories, including an exclusive Foodie Guide, a ride with an Imagineer on the Incredicoaster, a closer look at what you can expect during your first visit and more.
Pixar Pier, the reimagined land along the shores of Paradise Bay, features exciting attractions, imaginative neighborhoods and food locations all inspired by Pixar films. Take a look at how Walt Disney Imagineering and Pixar Animation Studios collaborated to bring the wonderful worlds of Pixar from the screen to Disneyland Resort:
Check out our “Pixar at Disney Parks” page for continuing updates on Pixar Pier and other related stories.
Also, at the Walt Disney World Resort this week, Toy Story Land was officially added to the digital map of Disney’s Hollywood Studios. You can find the maps on your My Disney Experience app or DisneyWorld.com this weekend.
When Toy Story Land debuts on June 30, guests will get a “toy’s-eye-view” of the fun Woody, Jessie, Buzz, and Andy’s other beloved toys are having in Andy’s backyard. The new land will debut on in-park maps beginning June 30.
Check out Jennifer’s original Toy Story Land Digital Maps post for more details.
Here are some of the other stories we worked on this week.
- First Look at Toy Story Land at Night and More Featured in New ‘Inside Disney Parks’ – Our latest episode of “Inside Disney Parks” is packed with never-before-seen firsts, including an exclusive sneak peek at what to expect when the sun sets in Toy Story Land at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Walt Disney Imagineers share a dazzling look at the land and attractions – at NIGHT!
- Sweet Candy Tears Coming to Bing Bong’s Sweet Stuff in Pixar Pier at Disney California Adventure Park – Who’s your friend who likes to play? Bing Bong! The fluffy pink, imaginary friend from the Disney•Pixar film “Inside Out” is not just here to play. He’s going to bring you some sweet treats at his new shop at Disney California Adventure park!
- Make Plans to Celebrate the Fourth of July at Walt Disney World Resort – Independence Day is less than a month away, and the parks at Walt Disney World Resort will be celebrating our nation’s birthday with some star-spangled salutes to America! If you’re planning a visit for the 4th of July, here are some highlights of the special entertainment planned for that day.
- All in the Details: Imagineers Put the Finishing Touches on Toy Story Land – Our friends in Walt Disney Imagineering just shared a new video with us from the Toy Story Land site, where Imagineers of all disciplines are putting the final touches on this thrilling new land.
- Celebrate All-Things ‘Super’ at the Incredible Tomorrowland Expo at Magic Kingdom Park – If you’re an “Incredibles 2” fan, you simply can’t miss all the fun of the Incredible Tomorrowland Expo at Magic Kingdom Park. This celebration takes place daily around the Rockettower Plaza area at the center of Tomorrowland, and includes must-snap photo ops, custom décor, “The Incredibles” character appearances, “super”-themed entertainment and more.
- New Spooky Experiences Coming to Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at Walt Disney World Resort – The most wonderfall time of the year is just around the corner, and this year you have yet another reason to join us during Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at Magic Kingdom Park! Taking place select nights August 17–October 31, 2018, Mickey’s Not-So-Scary will add a few new twists and treats to your evening.