Have you made your plans yet for the 4th of July? If you’re coming to Walt Disney World Resort for the holiday, Epcot is the #1 spot for Independence Day celebrations! There’s so much going on across the park that day:
- Special Fireworks: “The Heartbeat of Freedom” What would a 4th of July celebration be without fireworks? And Epcot has the best show around! It starts at 9 p.m. with a performance of “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth,” which concludes with the addition of a heart-pounding, all-American grand finale. This one-night-only fireworks extravaganza unites music from great American composers with more pyrotechnics than you can imagine!
- Voices of Liberty – An Epcot tradition for more than 35 years, this legendary a cappella group will perform a series of special evening concerts of great American songs in the America Gardens Theatre at 5:30 p.m., 6:45 p.m. and 8 p.m. Joining the Voices of Liberty on stage will be Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck and Goofy, dressed for the occasion in their special “Spirit of ‘76” attire. You can also catch Voices of Liberty performing special patriotic songs in the rotunda of The American Adventure at 2 p.m. and 3 p.m.
- Disney Characters – During the day, you’ll have the opportunity to get a special photo with Mickey, Goofy, Pluto and Chip ‘n’ Dale, all wearing their patriotic best, right outside The American Adventure pavilion.
- Specialty Foods – Add some flavor to your celebration with all-American foods throughout the park. There will be decadent red, white and blue cupcakes available at Fountain View and Sunshine Seasons, where you can also nosh on their yummy BBQ pork sandwich. Refreshment Port will have specially decorated croissant doughnuts (Who can resist those?!) and Liberty Inn has got you covered with the all-American burger, southern fried chicken sandwich, apple pie cheesecake and –just for the 4th – a slice of watermelon!
- The American Adventure – This epic attraction, another Epcot original, has recently been updated with an all-digital projection system, a new screen, new speakers and an all-new recording of the iconic “Golden Dream” anthem. And look for new faces added to the show’s finale including composer John Williams, astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson and noted ballerina Misty Copeland.
It’s America’s 242nd birthday, and Epcot is hosting the biggest, grandest, most red-white-and-blue-est celebration around!
Does anyone know if they will still have the group that’s supposed to perform for the summer concert series
Oh my husband and I are kid free this week!! Wish our Silver passes were not blacked out😔
Does our Florida passes get us entrance to Epcot on the 4th? Or is it still a black out day?
I wish we seasonal (silver) passholders could get in for this special day.
Can’t wait to try the apple pie cheesecake!!! And who could possibly resist a slice of cool watermelon (probably a Disney sized portion!)!!!
Elizabeth – Watermelon is my absolute favorite thing in the summer!
Great, thank you!
What time do Mickey and the gang come out in their patriotic attire?
Rory – The characters will begin making appearances outside The American Adventure at 11 a.m. on Wednesday, and should be there until a little after 4 p.m.
I suspect, pretty much everyday at EPCOT (or anywhere at WDW) is the place to be!
Marilla – I couldn’t agree more! 🙂
Will there be a live stream of the fireworks from any of the parks this year?
Katy – I believe the #DisneyParksLIVE team is working on plans to do a live stream that night. Stay tuned to Disney Parks Blog for all the details!