This week, Disney Parks Blog readers were among the first to learn that a new Rivers of Light Dessert Party is coming to Disney’s Animal Kingdom this summer.
The new dining experience includes a buffet of Disney’s Animal Kingdom-themed desserts, snacks and drinks before enjoying VIP views of the beautiful nighttime experience “Rivers of Light.” The Dessert Party experiences will take place on select nights starting on Monday, August 6, 2018.
And at the Disneyland Resort, we shared six Pixar Fest experiences you don’t want to miss during your next visit. From now until September 3, you can celebrate some of your favorite characters and stories from Pixar Animation Studios at Pixar Fest.
One of the not-to-miss experiences is “Together Forever – A Pixar Nighttime Spectacular” where dazzling pyrotechnics, immersive projections, colorful lasers and memorable music are part of the storytelling in this unique multimedia show. Visit our original “Six Not-to-Miss Pixar Fest Experiences” story to learn more.
Here are some of the other stories we worked on this week.
- Disneyland Celebrates 63 Magical Years – This week we commemorated 63 years since the opening day of Disneyland. When Walt Disney opened Disneyland on July 17, 1955, it had 18 attractions and the iconic Sleeping Beauty Castle nestled in the heart of his original theme park. With more than six decades of inspiration and innovation, the resort may have expanded, however, its heart has remained the same. To herald the occasion, we offer you 63 seconds of Sleeping Beauty Castle through the last 63 years.
- Now Playing: Pixar Shorts at Disney California Adventure Park – The second program of the Pixar Shorts Film Festival resumed Friday in Disney California Adventure park! Head to the Sunset Showcase Theater in Hollywood Land for an entertaining treat. Three heartwarming Pixar Shorts are featured in 3D on the silver screen—“Bao,” “La Luna” and “Sanjay’s Super Team.”
- Get a Bird’s-Eye View of Star Wars Film Locations in Ireland During a Galactic Adventure with Disney Cruise Line – Have you ever wanted to visit the extraordinary locations where the Star Wars movies were filmed…without having to travel to a galaxy far, far away? Disney Cruise Line guests are doing just that this summer during an exclusive Port Adventure in Ireland!
- ‘Ant-Man and The Wasp’ European Premiere at Disneyland Paris – “Ant-Man and The Wasp” celebrated its European debut at Walt Disney Studios Park last weekend! Fans welcomed actors Paul Rudd, Evangeline Lilly, Michael Douglas and Hannah John-Kamen, as well as director Peyton Reed and producer Stephen Broussard, who made an unforgettable red carpet entrance in vintage cars.
- Walt Disney World Resort Best Bites: July 2018 – This summer has cooked up some incredible new eats here at Walt Disney World Resort, and in addition to those brilliantly tasty iridescent offerings I told you about last week, I’ve got some savory new items to share with you for July’s Best Bites.