This week, we looked ahead and shared an update that Holidays at the Disneyland Resort will be bringing seasonal magic to the Merriest Place on Earth beginning November 9 through January 6.
At Disney California Adventure park, Festival of Holidays will feature special entertainment, including the return of Disney ¡Viva Navidad! street party. At Disneyland park, seasonal fan favorites return, including the enchanting Sleeping Beauty’s Winter Castle, “Believe…in Holiday Magic” fireworks spectacular and magical “A Christmas Fantasy” parade.
Check out our original Holidays at the Disneyland Resort story for more details.
And the Disney Parks Blog also hosted two #DisneyParksLIVE streams this week – from Disney California Adventure park and Disney’s Vero Beach Resort. First, we shared a live look at the popular “Paint the Night” parade featuring beloved Disney and Pixar characters and stories.
Then, we shared a special #DisneyParksLIVE stream of the Tour De Turtles from Disney’s Vero Beach Resort. Tour de Turtles teams up our Disney’s Animals, Science & Environment Team with the Sea Turtle Conservancy to celebrate two loggerheads’ great migration and track their journey from nesting on the beach to their foraging grounds. As you’ll see, the event took on a Toy Story Land theme this year.
Here are some of the other stories we posted this week.
- New ‘Inside Disney Parks’ – Incredible Summer at Walt Disney World Resort – We’re on location at Disney H20 Glow Nights in Typhoon Lagoon Water Park to kick off a new “Inside Disney Parks” episode featuring some incredible summer experiences at Walt Disney World Resort.
- Ant-Man and The Wasp: Nano Battle! Coming to Hong Kong Disneyland in 2019 – Hong Kong Disneyland just revealed the name of its newest Marvel attraction – Ant-Man and The Wasp: Nano Battle! Debuting in 2019, this attraction is the next step in the resort’s multi-year expansion, following the premiere of “Moana: A Homecoming Celebration” in May.
- Disney Expands Environmental Commitment By Reducing Plastic Waste – The Walt Disney Company’s commitment to environmental stewardship goes back to our founding more than 60 years ago. Walt himself said that “conservation isn’t just the business of a few people. It’s a matter that concerns all of us.” We’ve taken that message to heart and act on our commitment in big and small ways around the world.
- Bing Bong’s Sweet Stuff Now Open in Pixar Pier at Disney California Adventure Park – Bing Bong’s Sweet Stuff — the delightful, whimsical merchandise and confectionery location—is now open along Pixar Pier at Disney California Adventure park!
- Chow Down at Chicken Guy! Coming to Disney Springs This August – Do you love CHICKEN? Do you love GUY FIERI? If so, then I have some awesome news for you! There’s a brand-new eatery getting ready to hatch at Disney Springs – Chicken Guy!
- Disney Cruise Line Debuts New Design and Enhanced Features in Onboard Mobile App – From the moment you step aboard a Disney ship, chances are your smartphone is nearby. And not just to take selfies and countless family photos! Our Disney Cruise Line Navigator app is a favorite part of the Disney cruise experience, as it keeps you informed of the fun happening all cruise long and lets you stay in touch with family and friends onboard.