It’s no secret that I love Mexican food. And when I’m in need of some the best Mexican food, I head over to Frontera Cocina by Rick Bayless at Disney Springs. And I visit as often as I can!
We caught up with Chef Rick at the restaurant, that recently debuted its Taste of Baja menu, which features five new items including Spicy Ahi Tuna Tostadas.
The eight-time winner of the James Beard Foundation Award made the Tostadas for #DisneyFamilia in this fun video exclusive for us.
Here is the video and recipe!
Recipe: Spicy Ahi Tuna Tostadas
Makes 6 tostadas
- ¼ cup good-quality mayonnaise
- 1 canned chipotle chile in adobo
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon (or more) pure powdered chipotle chile
- 2 to 3 tablespoons finely grated ginger
- ¾ pound sashimi-quality ahi (yellowfin) tuna fillet
- ½ medium seedless cucumber
- ½ large Honeycrisp apple, cored
- The juice of a large lime
- 6 tostadas (crisp-fried corn tortillas)
- Flaked sea salt for garnish
- Cilantro leaves for garnish
In a blender or food processor, combine the mayonnaise and single canned chile. Pulse to combine, then process until thoroughly blended.
In a medium bowl, combine the olive oil, powdered chipotle and ginger.
With a sharp knife, cut the tuna into small dice—I like ¼-inch cubes—and scoop into a bowl. Finely dice the cucumber and the apple to the same size as tuna. Combine with the olive oil mixture and season with salt, usually about a generous ½ teaspoon. Refrigerate for about ½ hour for the flavors to mingle.
Just before serving, stir the lime juice into the tuna mixture and taste. Adjust with more lime and salt if you think necessary. Smear a portion of the mayonnaise on each tostada, pile on a portion of the tuna mixture, sprinkle with flaked salt and decorate with cilantro leaves.