ABC’s “American Idol” began its 20-plus city search for the next singing sensation with the arrival of the Idol Bus right here at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex at Walt Disney World Resort. This past Saturday, hopefuls from around the country joined us for the epic event.
After officially kicking off the bus tour, Maddie Poppe, winner of ABC’s “American Idol” Season 1 along with runner-up Caleb Lee Hutchinson and finalist Catie Turner took time out to enjoy Magic Kingdom Park and visit with fans. Needless to say, it was a blast. Check it out!
Did you miss your chance to audition here with us? Well, the Idol Bus is now rolling out to a city near you!
- Chattanooga, TN – August 28
- Scottsdale, AZ – August 28
- Charlotte, NC – August 31
- Albuquerque, NM – August 31
- Seattle, WA – August 31
- Boise, ID – September 2
- Richmond, VA – September 3
- Plano, TX – September 3
- Houston, TX – September 4
- Austin, TX – September 6
- Philadelphia, PA – September 6
- Oklahoma City, OK – September 6
- Buffalo, NY – September 9
- Kansas City, MO – September 9
- Shreveport, LA – September 9
- Columbus, OH – September 12
- Little Rock, AR – September 12
- Denver, CO – September 14
- Charleston, WV – September 15
- Atlanta, GA – September 20
All singers must be at least 15 years old to audition. Pre-registration is encouraged. To pre-register and for additional details, full eligibility requirements, submission forms, and terms and conditions, visit www.americanidol.com/auditions. If you’re auditioning, you can bring one guest to accompany you, and the guest must be over 5 years old.
In addition to appearing in person, hopefuls can submit audition videos online via www.americanidol.com/auditions or by showing off their talents via Instagram, Facebook, Twitter or Musical.ly using the hashtag #TheNextIdol.
“American Idol” returns for its second season on ABC for the 2018-2019 season with all-star judges Luke Bryan, Katy Perry and Lionel Richie. Emmy-winning producer Ryan Seacrest will also return as host.