This week, we followed our earlier #DisneyParksLIVE stream of the popular “Paint the Night” parade from Disney California Adventure park with an exclusive behind-the-scenes look at the “incredible” new float in the parade.
As many of you know, the “Paint the Night” parade features beloved Disney and Pixar characters and stories, as well as a new float inspired by Disney•Pixar’s “The Incredibles” and “Incredibles 2.”
Check out our original Behind-the-Scenes: ‘The Incredibles’ float story for some impressive fun facts.
And at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park, we shared two all-new Festival of the Lion King Signature Dining Packages! Simba and his friends are inviting you to join in the festivities with a delicious meal at Tiffins Restaurant followed by special VIP seating at one of the most popular shows at Walt Disney World Resort.
The Festival of the Lion King Signature Dining Packages are available daily starting August 13 through November 21, 2018. Space is limited – so be sure to book your experience in advance! Reservations can be made online at the Walt Disney World Resort website or by calling (407) WDW-DINE (407 939-3463). All menu items and event experiences are subject to change or cancellation without notice.
For more details on both dining packages, visit our Lion King Signature Dining Packages story.
Here are some of the other stories we worked on this week.
- Mickey Mouse Helps Celebrate Disney Parks Blog Instagram Milestone – A big thank you to the Disney Parks Blog readers and fans who are part of our growing community on Instagram. We’ve reached 500,000 followers! And, to help celebrate this milestone, Mickey Mouse is sharing a special video.
- Cool Facts About Cool Places: Pirates of the Caribbean at Disneyland Park – Ahoy Mateys! This summer, we are sharing some of our favorite places to cool off at the Disneyland Resort, along with cool facts you may not have known!
- Orange Bird Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom Card To Be Released at Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Parties – Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party returns to Magic Kingdom Park Friday, August 17, and this year, Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom fans can pick up an event-exclusive game card inspired by Orange Bird!
- Cruise Critic Names Castaway Cay the Best Cruise Line Private Island for the Third Year in a Row – The votes have been tallied! We’re thrilled to share that Cruise Critic members have recognized Disney’s private island in the Bahamas, Castaway Cay, as the “Best Cruise Line Private Island” for its 2018 Cruisers’ Choice Destination Awards, making this the third year in a row!
- Disneyland Resort Cast Member Picks: Pixar Fest Favorites – The first-ever Pixar Fest is happening now until Sept. 3 at the Disneyland Resort. With just a few weeks left to celebrate friendship and beyond, now is the time to visit and enjoy your favorite Pixar stories and characters. Watch this video to see Disneyland Resort cast members weigh in on their top picks from Pixar Fest!
- Walt Disney World Resort to Host Kickoff of ABC’s ‘American Idol’ Nationwide Bus Tour Auditions – Calling all aspiring singers! Do you think you have what it takes to become the next “American Idol”? Well, I’ve got great news for you! On Saturday, August 25, ABC’s “American Idol” will begin its 20-plus city search for the next singing sensation when the Idol bus arrives right here at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex at Walt Disney World Resort.