“A very merry un-birthday to you!” Guests from around the world celebrate birthdays (and un-birthdays) every day at the Disneyland Resort. Here are five magical ways to celebrate at the Happiest Place on Earth:
1. Start Early. Staying at one of the Hotels of the Disneyland Resort? Kick off the festivities from the moment you arrive at the hotel with in-room celebration goodies. Available gift baskets include a colorful birthday-themed pair of Disney Ear Hats to wear throughout your visit.
2. Snag Souvenirs. Take a magical memory of your birthday trip home with you. Complimentary “Happy Birthday” and other celebratory buttons are available at City Hall in Disneyland park or Guest Services in Disney California Adventure park.* In addition, autograph books are an excellent way to request and collect special birthday messages from your favorite characters. *Valid theme park admission is required.
3. Dine with Friends. For a magical dining experience, book a dining reservation with a few of your favorite friends. For breakfast, enjoy your morning meal in the company of Disney characters at Plaza Inn in Disneyland park, Storytellers Cafe at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa, or PCH Grill at Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel. Goofy’s Kitchen at the Disneyland Hotel serves up playfully fun food and character encounters for breakfast and dinner.
4. Make a Wish. What’s a birthday without a cake? Order a custom birthday cake for delivery to select table service restaurants around the resort. Once you choose your favorite theme, place your order in advance and enjoy! Disneyland Resort Hotel guests can also have cakes delivered to their rooms.
5. Sing Along. Head over to Mad Tea Party in Disneyland park to take a spin on the tea cups and sing along to “A Very Merry Un-Birthday.” For continued musical fun, meet the Jambalaya Jazz Band in New Orleans Square and request a performance of “Happy Birthday” in addition to their catchy American classics.
Have you celebrated your birthday at the Disneyland Resort?