Since launching our series of bento box tutorials in 2015, Disney fan and Disney Parks Blog reader Mike Kravanis has been inspiring us with works of art – as beautiful as they are delicious. And at this year’s Epcot International Food & Wine Festival you can meet Mike and learn how he creates bento magic at Mix It, Make It, Celebrate It! on September 6.
As we’ve shared, Mike first picked up a Bento Box during a visit to Japan and it changed his life. He first created an Oswald bento box and since then, he has created hundreds of different Disney-inspired artwork from characters to Cinderella Castle.
During this year’s Epcot International Food & Wine Festival, Mike will be taking guests through the steps of making a perfect Disney bento box at Kawaii Kyaraben – Cute Enough to Eat. You’ll be able to make your own bento box featuring a Japanese inspired onigiri (rice ball) shaped like a character.
For reservations, please check availability online at our special Festival Events page or call (407) 939-3378. But don’t delay—the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival runs through November 12, 2018. Here’s the complete Mix It, Make It, Celebrate It! rundown.
Here are some of your favorite bento boxes on the Disney Parks Blog over the years:
- Disney Parks Bento Magic – Chewbacca
- Disney Parks Bento Magic – Lady and the Tramp Topiaries from the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival
- Disney Parks Bento Magic – Porg from Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- Disney Parks Bento Magic – Miguel from Disney•Pixar’s ‘Coco’
- Disney Parks Bento Magic: Haunted Mansion Hatbox Ghost