This week, we continued our coverage of this year’s Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party with several exclusive stories and the announcement of a special #DisneyParksLIVE stream of “Mickey’s Boo-To-You” Halloween Parade later tonight – Sunday, September 9.
“Mickey’s Boo-To-You” Halloween Parade, which can only be enjoyed on Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party nights features Haunted Mansion-themed floats, appearances by Disney characters in Halloween costumes and much more…it’s really “not-so-scary”!
To tune in to our live stream, visit the Disney Parks Blog later tonight. A new post will appear at the top of the blog – or you can watch on our Disney Parks Blog Facebook page or @DisneyParks on Twitter.
And at Disneyland Resort this week, we celebrated the start of Halloween Time with a special first look at one of the most popular Halloween Time traditions – the Haunted Mansion Holiday gingerbread creation.
It’s the 18th year for this creepy cool gingerbread display and it also marks the 25th anniversary of “Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas.” To create the gingerbread house, Disneyland Central Bakery started baking gingerbread over a month ago. Visit our original 2018 Haunted Mansion Holiday Gingerbread House story for more images and details.
You can check out the gingerbread creation during Haunted Mansion Holiday, which lasts through early January 2019.
Here are some of the other stories we worked on this week.
- Vampirina Arrives at Disney Parks This Weekend – Here’s Your First Look! – Vampirina (aka “Vee”), that lovable girl vampire from the hit Disney Junior series “Vampirina,” is making her Disney Parks debut this weekend, and today we’re giving you a first look at this fangtastic new Disney character!
- Experience Autumn with WonderFall Flavors at Disney Springs – As autumn draws near, get ready for a whole new host of seasonally-inspired eats with WonderFall Flavors at Disney Springs! Starting September 7, 2018, celebrate your favorite fall flavors with everything from harvest tacos and pumpkin desserts to hard ciders and autumn-inspired cocktails.
- Celebrate the Playful World of Pixar Throughout the Year at Disneyland Resort – While the first-ever Pixar Fest at the Disneyland Resort has come to an end, don’t dismay! There are so many ways to enjoy the world of Pixar at Disneyland and Disney California Adventure parks. Here are 11 ways to continue celebrating some of your favorite Pixar stories and characters throughout the year.
- All in the Details: Putting the Spirit of the Caribbean into the new Centertown Market – When Old Port Royale reopens at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort this fall, Guests will be able to check in and embark on their island-inspired vacation with new places to gather, dine and relax, including the newly expanded Centertown Market. Designed as an indoor street market-style quick service restaurant, Centertown Market is full of colors and details from the Caribbean.
- Commemorative Merchandise Mixes Function and Fun for the 2018 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival – A smorgasbord of merchandise awaits guests at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival now through Nov. 12, 2018. Throughout the celebrated 75-day event, guests will have a chance to meet their favorite celebrity chefs, try a new Food & Beverage Pairing in the Festival Center each Friday through Sunday, and get their gourmet groove on at nightly Eat to the Beat Concert Series shows.