After nearly 20 years of delighting Epcot guests through music, fireworks, fire torches and more, we wanted to let you know that “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth” will be ending in the second half of next year. The Disney Parks Live Entertainment team is already busy creating new thrills to debut immediately following the conclusion of “IllumiNations,” continuing the tradition of nightly entertainment on the World Showcase Lagoon.
During the coming year, we’ll be celebrating this classic show, so you still have plenty of time to experience it again and again, as excitement builds for what’s next.
The all-new nighttime fireworks spectacular coming to Epcot’s World Showcase Lagoon will be part of the park’s exciting evolution. For more details, check out our original Epcot Nighttime Fireworks Spectacular story.
We also looked ahead to 2019 this week and shared 19 new and limited-time experiences coming to the Walt Disney World Resort at the beginning of next year. Whatever your passion for Disney, there’s a dose of pixie dust waiting for you at all four parks starting January 18.
Here are some of the other stories we worked on this week.
- Five Frightfully Fun Ways to Enjoy Halloween Time at the Hotels of the Disneyland Resort – Spooky fun and full of delight, the Hotels of the Disneyland Resort have terrifyingly tasty treats, amazing displays and ghostly entertainment, all sure-fire ways to extend the Halloween Time experience, before, during or after a great day at the parks.
- #DisneyFamilia: Honoring Hispanic Heritage Month! – Hola! I’m Sarah and I am Disney! And like me, here at Walt Disney World, there are Cast Members that come from all over the world to create magic for our guests. Despite our diverse backgrounds, we embrace our cultural diferencias.
- Miguel Joins A Musical Celebration of ‘Coco’ As Plaza de la Familia Returns to Disney California Adventure Park – Now through November 4, you are invited to bring your friends and family to Disney California Adventure park to experience Plaza de la Familia, our special seasonal festivity celebrating Disney•Pixar’s “Coco” and the everlasting bonds of family.
- Find Your #HappyPlace: Treat the Kid in You to an Unforgettable Day at Magic Kingdom Park – “Magic Kingdom Park is just for kids,” said NO ONE EVER!
And to prove it, my fellow cast member friends decided to explore everything that makes the park a #HappyPlace. It was a day of fun, snacks, and (ear) hats!
Classic rides were a must-do, of course. They visited Ariel under the sea, wandered through a spellbinding high-seas pirate adventure and took a “hare-raising” adventure down Splash Mountain.
- Disney Parks After Dark: Día de los Muertos in Frontierland at Disneyland Park – Tonight’s Disney Parks After Dark photography takes us to Frontierland at Disneyland park, where Día de los Muertos has returned to the Zócalo Park area, between Rancho del Zócalo Restaurante and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.