Yo ho, yo ho! In honor of Talk Like a Pirate Day, I’m sharing how you can become a swashbucklin’ pirate for your Disney Cruise. Pirate Night is one of the things Disney cruisers look forward to most about their vacation with us, and for good reason. Your cruise ship transforms into a pirate vessel. Pirates rappel from atop the ship’s funnel during a thrilling live-action deck show. And the evening sky lights up with a dazzling display of sound and color.
Avast ye, mateys! Follow these tips, and ye be transformed from a landlubber to a swashbucklin’ pirate in no time …
1. Learn the lingo. There’s no better time than the present. Ask your fellow buccaneers celebrating today their favorite pirate speak, and work on perfecting your “ahoy, matey,” along with a really menacing “aaargh!”
2. Grab your gear. Pack your boots, pants and your favorite striped shirt (preferably one with black, red or navy stripes) for rugged pirate look, or step it up a notch with a flowy white top, dark vest and pirate hat.
3. Leave your former identity behind. Once onboard, head over to The Pirate’s League to get your official pirate name and complete your transformation. On Pirate Night, Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique becomes The Pirate’s League—the place to prepare for the pirate life—and scoundrels can walk away with a beard and scars, a bandana, earrings, eye patch and even a sword.
4. Fuel up. Now that you have the look and lingo down, you’ll need to boost your energy for the adventures that lie ahead. At the start of the night, fill your belly from our special pirate dinner menu, and then go back for more delicious pirate grub at our late-night pirate buffet.
5. Stick with your band of savvy scallywags. With your family by your side, show off your swashbucklin’ transformation at the evening’s pirate-themed festivities. Rock out to pirate-themed tunes with Mickey’s pirate crew, be part of the “Hunt Fer Jack” pirate showdown and watch the sky light up with a spectacular display of piratical pyrotechnics.
What are the ways your crew has a raucous good time during Pirate Night on a Disney cruise?