This week, we invited #DreamBigPrincess and Disney bound in outfits inspired by their favorite female Disney characters on October 11 – International Day of the Girl.
As you know, Disney’s Disney Parks Blog readers and guests at Disney parks around the world to celebrate “Dream Big, Princess” campaign uses the stories of fictional heroines like Moana and Tiana, and real-life role models to encourage kids around the globe to follow their dreams. The new #DreamBigPrincess video series, which will debut this month, puts the next generation of female storytellers behind the camera to tell the stories of inspirational role models.
So, whether your favorite character is clever, kind, compassionate, creative, adventurous, ambitious, fearless, confident, brave – or all of the above! – we want to see you celebrate their iconic style and spirit on October 11.
Also, from October 10 – November 20, 2018, for each like or share of a public video or photo with #DreamBigPrincess on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, Disney Worldwide Services will donate US $1 to Girl Up, the United Nations Foundation’s program supporting girls’ leadership and empowerment (minimum donation: $500,000/maximum donation: $1 million). For more information about Girl Up, go to girlup.org. Be sure to check back here in upcoming days for more.
We also shared a special edition of our “Inside Disney Parks” show this week packed with Halloween favorites from the Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort.
Visit our “Best of Halloween at Disney Parks” story for show notes and more details on your favorite segments.
Here are some of the other stories we worked on this week.
- Every Role A Starring Role – Costumer Assistant at the Disneyland Resort – Shannon Jackson-Johnson is a costumer assistant at the Disneyland Resort and is currently responsible for the “Frightfully Fun Parade,” which is part of the after-hours, separate-ticket event, Mickey’s Halloween Party,* at Disneyland park. Shannon works with her team to ensure knowledge is being shared for new offerings within the parade and how costumes are prepared for performers each day.
- Reservations Now Open for Sebastian’s Bistro at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort – Life under the sea is pretty great, so we’re bringing it to the surface and inviting you to be part of our Caribbean world with Sebastian’s Bistro at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort! This casual, family-friendly table service restaurant features a menu that blends Latin and Caribbean flavors with market-fresh ingredients served up with warm island hospitality and waterfront views.
- More Food, More Fun in Downtown Disney District at Disneyland Resort – If you love food and fun (and who doesn’t?), this fall is a terrific time to visit the Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort. The wildly popular Earl of Sandwich is now open for breakfast, lunch and dinner in its original location, serving their famous, freshly-made sandwiches, salads and wraps. Try the Original 1762 or the Full Montagu — both sandwiches which give nods to John Montagu, the Earl who invented the sandwich in 1762.
- This Halloween Season, Scare Up Some Fun at Disney Springs – t’s October. Fall is officially here and while someone might want to get Mother Nature a pumpkin spice latte and kindly ask her to turn down the heat, Halloween is near and one thing is clear: I can’t wait!
- Mobile Ordering Now Available at More Disneyland Resort Quick-Service Food Locations – As we previously announced, mobile ordering through the Disneyland App recently expanded to even more quick-service restaurants around both Disneyland and Disney California Adventure parks. And just last week, new locations at Disneyland park – Edelweiss Snacks, Stage Door Café, Refreshment Corner and Royal Street Veranda – were added to the lineup, which now includes more than 20 participating locations!
- Come and Visit Vampirina Now at Disney’s Hollywood Studios – Just in time for the Halloween season, Vampirina has joined the breakfast fun at Disney Junior Play ‘n Dine at Hollywood & Vine. This Disney’s Hollywood Studios spot is the place to eat, play and laugh along with favorite Disney Junior friends including Sofia the First, Doc McStuffins and Roadster Racer Goofy.