This week, we shared a special holiday episode of “Inside Disney Parks” featuring a behind-the-scenes look at the Disney Parks Magical Christmas Day Parade on ABC-TV. We also traveled to Disneyland for a tour down Main Street, U.S.A., before unboxing five of our favorite “must-have” Disney holiday gifts.
Visit our original “Inside Disney Parks” story for more details, including show notes and related links.
Our holiday stories also included a visit to Disneyland park for a special look at the “trimming” of the 60-foot tall Christmas tree in Town Square.
The Christmas tree includes new lighting and décor, featuring 3,500 multi-color lights, 1,500 Victorian-inspired ornaments and 100 oversized faux candles. Visit Michael’s original Trimming the Christmas Tree at Disneyland park story for more.
Here are some of the other stories we worked on this week.
- Holiday 360: ‘Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!’ at Disney’s Hollywood Studios – This week’s 360 offers up a peek inside the “Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!” show at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, a Santa-sized spectacular that’s jam-packed with holiday music, fireworks, special effects, and dazzling state-of-the-art projections.
- New Fortune-Telling Fun to Experience at Disneyland Resort on the Play Disney Parks Mobile App – Two new exciting experiences were just added to the Play Disney Parks mobile app for guests to enjoy at the Disneyland Resort! Now, with the Play Disney Parks app, you can collect dozens of all-new fortunes and a series of stories as told by Esmeralda the Fortune Teller on Main Street, U.S.A., and Fortune Red in New Orleans Square at Disneyland park.
- Find Your #HappyPlace: Disney-Themed Manicures Are Exactly What You Need During Your Walt Disney World Vacation – If you’re visiting Walt Disney World Resort for the ultimate girls’ trip, there’s one relaxing and Insta-worthy experience you absolutely must add to your plans – a visit to Disney Spas and Salons for the ultimate Disney-themed mani-pedis!
- #DisneyFamilia: ‘Disney ¡Viva Navidad!’ at Disney California Adventure Park – As we ring in the Holidays at the Disneyland Resort, you and your familia are invited to partake in the vibrant seasonal celebration of Latino culture and holiday traditions during “Disney ¡Viva Navidad!”
- Disney Parks Best Bites: December 2018 – If you’re visiting the parks this holiday season, there’s a whole feast of new eats to fill your stomach before the new year! At both Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts, you’ll find new items at many restaurants across the parks and hotels from beignet burgers and lobster dishes to dino-themed cocktails and more.
- Entertainer John Stamos Plays to ‘Full House’ at Epcot International Festival of the Holidays – We caught up with John before his second night of performances at Epcot, where he talked of family holiday traditions, favorite “Candlelight” memories and his love for all things Disney.
- First Look: The Tropical Hideaway at Disneyland Park – The market stalls of The Tropical Hideaway at Disneyland park will be opening for business soon. This week, we have a first look of this Adventureland outpost!