This week, everyone’s favorite villain, Maleficent, returned to Disney’s Festival of Fantasy Parade at the Walt Disney World Resort! And to celebrate her return, we shared several stories, including a special look at the Maleficent dragon’s grand entrance at Magic Kingdom Park.
Disney’s Festival of Fantasy Parade is a celebration of all beloved Disney stories you will find in Fantasyland at the Magic Kingdom Park. The procession features nearly 100 performers and Disney characters, with floats specifically telling the stories of “Tangled,” “Peter Pan,” “Brave,” “Sleeping Beauty” and many more.
Check out our original Maleficent Returns to Disney’s Festival of Fantasy Parade for more information – as well as these other stories:
- How to Celebrate Maleficent’s Return
- Bringing Maleficent To Life for Disney’s Festival of Fantasy Parade
- Disney’s Festival of Fantasy Parade – Downloadable Content
Disney Parks Blog readers were also among the first to learn that Disney’s Riviera Resort started accepting guest reservations for stays beginning in December 2019.
The all-new resort coming to Walt Disney World Resort in Florida, and slated to be the 15th Disney Vacation Club property, will immerse guests in the grandeur and enchantment of the European Riviera. Visit Jessica’s original Disney’s Riviera Resort story for more details and images.
Here are some of the other stories we worked on this week.
- ‘Mickey’s Soundsational Parade’ Returns for Get Your Ears On – A Mickey and Minnie Celebration at Disneyland Resort – Get Your Ears On – A Mickey and Minnie Celebration invites you to the biggest celebration of Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse in Disneyland history! This past Friday, the popular “Mickey’s Soundsational Parade” returned to Disneyland park.
- Foodie Guide to Lunar New Year 2019 at Disney California Adventure Park – Lunar New Year celebrations started this past Friday at Disney California Adventure park – which means there’s a whole new list of must-eats to share with you! Now through February 17, we’re ushering in the Year of the Pig with our annual tribute to Asian cultures.
- Army Veteran Completes Walt Disney World 5K in Triumph Over Tragedy – When you consider all of the obstacles Eric Donoho has overcome – it’s a miracle he is still standing. Yet this resilient Army veteran is not just standing, but thriving thanks to the sport of running, which led him to participate in the Walt Disney World 5K during Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend presented by Cigna.
- Join the Party During Mickey & Minnie’s Surprise Celebration at Magic Kingdom Park – Now, more than ever, it’s a great time to be at Walt Disney World Resort, with fabulous new entertainment experiences in all four parks. Mickey & Minnie’s Surprise Celebration honors those true originals, Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse, with new entertainment, merchandise, and specialty food and beverages.
- Buckle up for Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy! – The adrenaline is building up for the March 31 opening of Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy. The new show experience, taking you inside the world of Disney•Pixar’s Cars films, will speed into Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and we can’t wait!
- Disneyland Resort Celebrates 60 Years of ‘Sleeping Beauty’ – The gateway to Fantasyland—and the symbol of all the magic of Disneyland park—is Sleeping Beauty Castle. An opening day landmark since 1955, Sleeping Beauty Castle has the distinction of being named after a Disney heroine nearly four years before Sleeping Beauty appeared in her title film role 60 years ago in January 1959.
- Share ‘Lovely’ Moments during Valentine’s Month at the Disneyland Resort – Love is definitely in the air at the Disneyland Resort! Starting today through Feb. 18, come and celebrate love during Valentine’s month. Enjoy new entertainment like “Mickey’s Mix Magic,” plus limited-time food and beverage offerings and festive event merchandise. Grab those ears and join us!
- Keep an Eye on the Disney Parks Blog for a Fresh Disney Springs Perspective in 2019 – As 2019 gets underway, there is so much to look forward to at Disney Springs! On the horizon: Jaleo by José Andrés (opening this winter), The NBA Experience (coming this summer) and lots (and lots!) of exciting new merchandise soon hitting the shelves.