I absolutely LOVE anything cookies and cream, so when I heard that our chefs tested a recipe for the Cookies ‘n Cream Bread Pudding at Disney California Adventure park, I couldn’t resist sharing it! This special dessert is currently being offered at Pacific Wharf Café for Get Your Ears On – A Mickey and Minnie Celebration at Disneyland Resort. It’s the perfect sweet ending to any meal, and I know I’ll be making it tonight!
For more information on all of the yummy food for Get Your Ears On at Disneyland Resort, check out my recent Foodie Guide. You can also go to the Disneyland Resort website to find out more about all of the exciting events happening throughout the resort for this special celebration, including “Mickey’s Mix Magic” and “Mickey’s Soundsational Parade.”
And if you want to make this bread pudding yourself, see below for the recipe!
Cookies ‘n Cream Bread Pudding
Pacific Wharf Café at Disney California Adventure Park
- 1 lb. loaf day-old Italian bread
- 5 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 4 cups half and half
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 24 chocolate sandwich cookies, quartered
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 12 chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed
FOR BREAD PUDDING:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 9×13-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cut bread into one-inch cubes and place in large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Combine eggs, sugar, half and half, and vanilla extract in a medium mixing bowl. Whisk until fluffy. Pour over cubed bread, stirring gently to mix. Set aside for 15 minutes and allow egg mixture to soak into bread.
- Gently stir in chocolate sandwich cookies.
- Pour bread pudding mixture into prepared baking pan and spread out evenly.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, until top has set and a thermometer placed in the center reads 165°F.
- Cool for 15 minutes.
- Whip heavy whipping cream in bowl of an electric mixer fitted with whisk attachment until medium peaks form.
- Cut bread pudding using Mickey Mouse-shaped cookie cutter and place on a plate.
Drizzle with 1-2 teaspoons of sweetened condensed milk.
- Top each serving with 2 tablespoons whipped cream and 1 tablespoon of crushed chocolate sandwich cookies.