This week, Disney Parks Blog readers were among the first to see a new Disney Skyliner gondola on its cables as initial testing began at the Walt Disney World Resort. We shared a special look at the project.
Scheduled to open this fall, Disney Skyliner will be a new, state-of-the-art gondola system that will conveniently connect Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Epcot to four resort hotels – Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, Disney’s Pop Century Resort, Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort and the proposed Disney’s Riviera Resort, which is now accepting guest reservations for stays beginning December 2019.
Several of the gondolas will be adorned with graphics based on Disney films, attractions and characters. You can learn more in Jeremy’s original Disney Skyliner Gondola Testing story.
“Mickey’s Mix Magic” is full of vibrant sights and upbeat sounds. The high-energy projection show creates a family-fun dance party throughout Disneyland park, with “DJ” Mickey spinning the new celebration song, “It’s a Good Time” along with remixes of favorite Disney songs.
Visit Shawn’s Peek Behind the Scenes of “Mickey’s Mix Magic” story for more details.
Here are some of the other stories we worked on this week.
- Disney Parks Authentic Custom T-Shirts and Gear Now Available on shopDisney.com – If you’re planning a vacation to Disneyland Resort or Walt Disney World Resort this year, shopDisney.com now offers options for adding a personal touch to your trip down Main Street, U.S.A. with new Disney Parks customizable t-shirts and gear.
- New Menu Rushes in to White Water Snacks at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa at the Disneyland Resort – Put away those paddles and get out your forks and knives – White Water Snacks has reopened and is serving up fresh new bites for breakfast, lunch, and dinner!
- Celebrate the Travels of Walt Disney and Disney’s Riviera Resort — Part 1 – Walt Disney loved to travel! In getting ready to share all of the highlights of the proposed Disney’s Riviera Resort, Jessica Quinn was able to dive in and learn so much about Walt’s love for Europe and its rich stories, art and music created by so many “masters.”
- NFL Stars Living the Dream at Walt Disney World Resort – The NFL Pro Bowl Week at Walt Disney World Resort last week was a rare opportunity for fans to interact with their favorite players, take part in some football-related interactive experiences and just generally live out their football dreams, but they weren’t the only ones having fun!
- Disneyland Resort Sponsors Anaheim’s First Ramped Playground for Children with Disabilities – On Jan. 26, more than 300 volunteers from the Disneyland Resort, city of Anaheim, Anaheim Family YMCA and the community joined KaBOOM! to build a playground with accessible play features for children with disabilities in just six hours at Barton Park in Anaheim, California.
- Find Your #HappyPlace: Add Some Magic to Your Bachelorette Party by Celebrating at Walt Disney World Resort – A girls’ trip to Walt Disney World Resort is always a great time, but a bachelorette experience is even more unforgettable. So, why not gather the girls and celebrate your last days as a single lady with a little Disney magic?