This week, Disney Parks Blog readers were among the first to learn that the story and vibrant music of Disney•Pixar’s “Coco” is coming to the Mexico pavilion at Epcot, courtesy of the incomparable Mariachi Cobre – beginning March 6!
The musicians of Mariachi Cobre will be joined by a pair of Folklórico dancers to tell the tale of Miguel Rivera, his love of music, and his journey to find what matters most – his familia. The dancers will perform to the music of the film, pulling everyone into the celebration, and Miguel himself appears in the form of a whimsical, hand-crafted puppet.
Visit Sarah’s latest #DisneyFamilia series story to learn more.
Also, the Super Bowl celebration made its way from Atlanta to Walt Disney World Resort this week when New England Patriots stars Tom Brady and Julian Edelman took part in a magical parade at Magic Kingdom Park.
Brady and Edelman cruised down Main Street U.S.A., atop a colorful float, interacted with beloved Disney characters and created memories that will last a lifetime. If you missed our special #DisneyParksLIVE stream, you can still watch the replay:
Check out Darrell’s original story for more photos of the celebration at the Walt Disney World Resort.
Here are some of the other stories we worked on this week.
- Disney Parks’ Sneak Peek of ‘Dumbo’ Takes Flight This March – For a limited time beginning in March, you will when you catch a special preview of scenes from Disney’s all-new grand live-action adventure “Dumbo” in sneak peeks planned for Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort, and Disney Cruise Line.
- Featured in February: Meet the Artists at WonderGround Gallery in Downtown Disney District at Disneyland Resort – This month, meet three delightfully talented artists and see their wonderful works in the WonderGround Gallery in Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort!
- Party with Pixar Pals as Disney’s Hollywood Studios Celebrates 30 Years – There’s always something new to see and do, and now more than ever, Disney’s Hollywood Studios is the perfect place to step into the amazing worlds of Pixar stories like “The Incredibles,” “Monsters, Inc.,” “Toy Story,” and very soon, “Cars.”
- Tangaroa Terrace Reopens at the Disneyland Hotel with Tropical New Eats, Dole Whip and More – That’s right, Tangaroa Terrace Tropical Bar & Grill has officially reopened at the Disneyland Hotel at the Disneyland Resort!
- Get Your First Look at the New Mickey’s Sail-a-Wave Party – Get ready for a new way to “wave” goodbye to work and school and say hello to your Disney cruise vacation with Mickey’s Sail-a-Wave Party on the Disney Wonder and Disney Magic!