Here at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, we’re all going wild over the news of our giraffe calf, Jabari, joining the rest of the tower on the savanna. Join us as we celebrate this momentous occasion with limited time in-park offerings:
- Climb aboard a safari truck at Kilimanjaro Safaris and see if you can spot the new calf experiencing his new environment on the savanna. Our drivers are eager to tell you all about him!
- Savor this sweet occasion with a limited-edition cupcake available at Tamu Tamu in Africa, featuring a photo of Jabari and mom Mara.
- Strike a pose at the entrance to the Harambe bridge with a Disney PhotoPass photographer – they’ve got special birth announcement props for you to hold.
- Get spotted! Add a few spots to your face with new giraffe-themed face-painting options just outside the entrance to Kilimanjaro Safaris in Harambe. There’s also a giraffe-themed pair of Mickey ears available next door in Mombasa Marketplace, as well as some cuddly plush and giraffe-themed Tervis Tumblers.
- Take the beauty of nature home with you. Also available at Mombasa Marketplace are some beautiful works of art, including soapstone and wood carvings and artwork by William Silvers and prints by Larry Dotson.