This week, we continued our coverage of the multi-year transformation of Epcot with two exciting updates – the announcement that a new crêperie featuring the cuisine of celebrity chef Jérôme Bocuse is coming to the France pavilion AND a first look at a new “Awesome Planet” film being added to the park’s Land pavilion.
Scheduled to be built in an all-new location near the previously announced Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure attraction, the new crêperie will feature a menu inspired by the Brittany region of France. The new location will offer table service dining as well as a quick-service stop for guests craving savory crepes called galettes and sweet crepes.
Visit our “Crêperie is Part of France Pavilion Enrichments” story for more.
And at the Land pavilion, the “Awesome Planet,” film will be on-screen exploration of the realm we call home, showcasing the spectacular beauty, diversity and dynamic story of our earth with all the grandeur guests have come to expect.
Visit our “Awesome Planet” Film at Epcot story for more.
Also, we shared an update on the transformation of the arrival experience at Magic Kingdom Park at Walt Disney World Resort. The bricks from “Disney’s Walk Around the World” near Magic Kingdom Park and the Transportation and Ticket Center will begin to be retired in the coming months.
As many of you know, these bricks were sold with the commitment that they would be displayed until 2011. Since the bricks were not designed to be removed individually, they will not be available to take home. Instead, guests who sponsored a brick may purchase a commemorative version between now and Aug. 31, 2019, or while supplies last.
Visit our original “Disney’s Walk Around the World” story for information on what to do if you sponsored a brick and would like to get a souvenir version.
Here are some of the other stories we worked on this week.
- Tickets on Sale Now for Pop-Up Disney! A Mickey Celebration, Opening April 26 in the Downtown Disney District at Disneyland Resort – Pop-Up Disney! A Mickey Celebration, the all-new, must-see experience celebrating 90 years of the beloved Mickey Mouse, is opening April 26 in the Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort and tickets are on sale now!
- New Recruits to ‘Suit Up’ Alongside Spider-Man with Cutting-Edge Tech from the New Worldwide Engineering Brigade at Disneyland Resort and Disneyland Paris – We’re excited to be able to share more details on an immersive, interactive experience coming to Disney California Adventure park at Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney Studios park at Disneyland Paris.
- Disney Channel Fan Fest Returns to Disneyland Resort on April 27 – Disney Channel Fan Fest returns to the Disneyland Resort on Saturday, April 27, 2019, bringing today’s biggest young stars to Disney California Adventure park for a big fan party!
- Rafiki’s Planet Watch Reopens this Summer at Disney’s Animal Kingdom – Rafiki’s Planet Watch, the Affection Section and the Wildlife Express will fully reopen this summer. The area will include a few new enhancements and join the celebration of all things “The Lion King.”
- Sneak Peek of Art Coming to Disney’s Riviera Resort – We’ve been talking about these awesome unique, Disney touches for the past few months and today we get to share with you a sneak peek of some of the European-themed art and décor that will be throughout the proposed Disney’s Riviera Resort when it opens in Fall 2019.
- Seven Ways to Get Your Ears On with New Offers at the Hotels of the Disneyland Resort – Here are seven great ways to have a good, good time during the Get Your Ears On – A Mickey and Minnie Celebration!
- Find Out What’s New with ‘Disney at Sea with D23’ – Curious about what’s new and what’s next with Disney? Those of you cruising with us can now get the scoop on all that Disney has in store—from theme parks to movies and beyond—in a new event onboard all of our ships, “Disney at Sea with D23.”