This week, we shared an exciting announcement many of you have been waiting to hear – Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is opening ahead of schedule on May 31 at Disneyland Resort in Southern California and August 29 at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Florida.
That’s right – it’s debuting early because of high guest interest in experiencing this new, immersive land. Visit our original Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge story for important information you should know before you go and begin your own Star Wars adventure in a galaxy far, far away.
We also celebrated this week’s kick-off of the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival with a special spring episode of “Inside Disney Parks” featuring a backstage look at this year’s character topiaries – and shared a look at the topiary that just may be the surprise hit of the event!
Here are some of the other stories we worked on this week.
- Disney Celebrates Cast Members Around the World on International Women’s Day – Friday was International Women’s Day—a global celebration of women’s achievements and an opportunity to explore how everyone can help create a more gender-inclusive world.
- Foodie Guide to Food Bowls at Disney Parks – Food bowls
havebecome the newest sensation at our parks and resorts across the country. With so many yummy options, including tons of build-your-own bowls, there’s something for everyone!
- Book New Pirate & Mermaid Experiences at Walt Disney World Resort Hotels – A variety of new experiences – from art classes and fishing excursions, to pirate experiences and mermaid schools and more – are already, or will soon be, available to book at Walt Disney World Resort hotels!
- Dance All Night with ‘Mickey’s Mix Magic’ at Disneyland Park – Get ready to dance all night and join in on the fun with “Mickey’s Mix Magic” at Disneyland park. As part of
GetYour Ears On – A Mickey and Minnie Celebration, we’re celebrating 90 years with the one and only Mickey Mouse.
- Bring Your Celtic Spirit To the Annual Raglan Road Mighty St. Patrick’s Festival at Disney Springs! – We’ve got the highlights you can expect for the annual Mighty St. Patrick’s Festival, which will be held March 15-17 this year!
- Disney Parks Best
Bites:March 2019 – It’s time for another Best Bites! This month, we’re highlighting a NEW food truck coming to Disney Springs, the Neighborhood Bakery at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Mardi Gras offerings at Disneyland Resort, and more.
- Every Role a Starring Role – Project Manager, Costuming at Disneyland Resort – Transport yourself to the land of Batuu with Brenda Mercure, Project Manager, Costuming at Disneyland Resort. She’ll give us a sneak peek of the much-anticipated cast member costumes for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, featuring distinct and iconic looks.