As many of you know, if you’re planning to visit Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at the Disneyland Resort between May 31 and June 23, 2019, a reservation and theme park admission are required. There is no additional cost to make a reservation, but reservations are subject to availability.
Specific details on how to make reservations will be available on the Disney Parks Blog and Disneyland.com on May 2 at 8 a.m. PT. You must have a Disney Account to register for a reservation so be sure to create one before registration opens at 10 a.m. PT. Guests looking to guarantee a reservation to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge today can get one by staying at a Disneyland Resort hotel between May 31 and June 23, 2019. Michael’s original Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge reservation post has more information.
The spooky fun event, that happens on select nights from August 16 to November 1, will feature returning favorites along with all-new experiences, including the debut of an incredible new fireworks spectacular. As you can see above in the very first scene to be released, this new show will feature state-of-the-art projection effects, lasers, lighting and dazzling fireworks that come together to tell a not-so-scary story about how anything can happen on Halloween night.
Visit Sarah’s original Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party story for more.
Here are some of the other stories we worked on this week.
- ‘Mickey’s PhilharMagic’ Now Open at Disney California Adventure Park – The 3D movie musical “Mickey’s PhilharMagic” premiered on Friday in Disney California Adventure park! Head to Hollywood Land to see the spectacular magic of Disney animation and music jump to life on the screen and walls of the Sunset Showcase Theater.
- Special After-Hour Nights at Disney’s Hollywood Studios to Celebrate Park’s 30th Anniversary,Star Wars May the Fourth – Our countdown has begun! We’re less than one week away from kicking off the first of two exciting celebration nights at Disney’s Hollywood Studios followed by even more Disney After Hours dates at the park.
- Create a Super-Charged Look for Disneyland After Dark: Heroes Assemble at Disney California Adventure Park – Disneyland After Dark: Heroes Assemble at Disney California Adventure park is fast approaching, ready to unite the Super Hero universe. With special, after-park hours access, you’ll experience incredible entertainment, character encounters, event-themed food, merchandise and more—all themed to some favorite Super Hero stories. Fans can choose to attend Disneyland After Dark: Heroes Assemble during either Apr. 30 or May 1, 2019 from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. each night.
- Reservations to Visit Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland Park Available May 2 or Book a Stay at a Disneyland Resort Hotel Now – Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is opening on May 31 at the Disneyland Resort in Southern California and August 29 at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Florida. If you are planning to visit Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at the Disneyland Resort between May 31 and June 23, 2019, a reservation and theme park admission are required.
- First Look: Disney’s Newest ‘Cinderella Pony’ at Walt Disney World Resort – On Friday, we shared the first photo of an adorable new addition to Cinderella’s royal family – our newest “Cinderella Pony” named Lilly.
- Pop-Up Disney! A Mickey Celebration Now Open in Downtown Disney District at Disneyland Resort – Say cheese! Pop-Up Disney! A Mickey Celebration is now open in the Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort!