Today, we’re at Magic Kingdom Park to launch the first of a special series of “Learn to Draw” videos featuring Mickey Mouse through the years! Artist Stephen Ketchum is joined by Mickey and Minnie Mouse at Town Square Theater to help kick off the first of three videos – beginning with easy to follow instructions on how to draw Mickey as artists would have created him in the late 1920s.
As you can see in our video, Stephen starts with a simple circle and then uses lightly drawn curved lines to create a perfect Mickey. Grab some paper and try it yourself!
Check out some of our other character tutorials below and let us know who you’d like to see created in the future.
- Learn to Draw: Sally from Tim Burton’s ‘The Nightmare Before Christmas’
- Learn to Draw: Celebrate Spring With Daisy Duck
- Learn to Draw Aladdin’s Pal, Genie
- Learn to Draw Tinker Bell
- Learn to Draw Buzz Lightyear from ‘Toy Story’
- Learn to Draw Special Edition: ‘Frozen’ Voice Actor Josh Gad Tests His Skills at Drawing Olaf
- Learn to Draw Hiro from ‘Big Hero 6′
- Learn to Draw Mickey’s Pal Pluto
- Learn to Draw Baymax From ‘Big Hero 6’
- Learn to Draw Rapunzel’s Buddy, Pascal
- Learn to Draw Stitch
- Learn to Draw Winnie the Pooh
- Learn to Draw Jack Skellington
- Learn to Draw Oswald the Lucky Rabbit
- Learn How to Draw ‘Frozen’s’ Anna
- Do You Want to Draw a Snowman?