Our series of Disney-inspired bento box tutorials is back and this time we’re at the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival to show you how to create a “buzz-worthy” bento featuring Disney’s favorite honey bee, Spike.
As many of you know, Spike is in charge of Spike’s Pollen-Nation Exploration family scavenger hunt during the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival. Today, Disney Parks Blog reader and fan Mike Kravanis joins us from the festival to create a beautiful Spike the Bee bento.
To create a Spike the Bee bento box, start with yellow rice and color it with turmeric before adding filler (honey chicken). Mike uses soy sauce to design Spike’s face along with carrots for his nose and radishes for his wings. Watch the video for full details and then try to make it yourself before heading out to the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival.
Here are some of our other Disney-inspired bento box tutorials.
- Disney Parks Blog Artist Mike Kravanis Creating Bento Box Magic at Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- Disney Parks Bento Magic – Chewbacca
- Disney Parks Bento Magic – Lady and the Tramp Topiaries from the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival
- Disney Parks Bento Magic – Porg from Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- Disney Parks Bento Magic – Miguel from Disney•Pixar’s ‘Coco’