The Disneyland Resort is filled with plenty of fun this summer. If you’re headed to Disney California Adventure park, here are 10 not-to-miss experiences:
1. Soarin’ Over California – Due to guest popularity, the epic, aerial adventure Soarin’ Over California has been extended through August 31! This virtual, immersive experience celebrates the beauty and wonder of the Golden State – from San Francisco’s iconic Golden Gate Bridge to the crashing waves in Malibu.
Bonus: Annual Passholders can enjoy an extra hour at Soarin’ Over California after park closing every Thursday night, beginning June 27 through the end of July. Blockout dates apply.
2. “Tale of The Lion King” – The beloved characters and music of Disney’s “The Lion King” comes to life with an imaginative new adaptation. This outdoor musical production features a cast of 18 performers who weave this timeless tale through language, song and dance. The festive celebration of “Tale of The Lion King” will be presented for a limited time.
3. Fancy Nancy – Nancy Clancy, the high-spirited young girl from Disney Junior’s hit animated series “Fancy Nancy,” made “une grande entrée” this spring. Meet Fancy Nancy just outside the “Disney Junior Dance Party!” in Hollywood Land.
4. Pixar Pier – Celebrating its one-year anniversary at the end of June, Pixar Pier is a whimsical land where Pixar stories and characters are brought to life in incredible, playful ways. A few newly added experiences include:
- Jessie’s Critter Carousel, the giant toy carousel starring Jessie, the yodeling cowgirl and a friendly bunch of desert critters inspired by the “Toy Story” films. Hop on and yell “giddyup!” from the saddle of a whimsical snake, armadillo, turtle, bunny or other critters from the world of Woody’s Roundup.
- Bo Peep, from Disney and Pixar’s “Toy Story 4,” can be found making special appearances along Pixar Pier. Also, Forky, the adorable disposable spork from the new film, can be spotted near the entrance of the pier.
- Opening later this month, Inside Out Emotional Whirlwind is a newly reimagined attraction inspired by the film “Inside Out.” Step into the workplace of Riley’s Emotions – Joy, Sadness, Fear, Disgust and Anger – and board one of eight Memory Movers for a sense-ational spin.
5. Cars Land – If you’re looking for some free-wheeling fun with Disney and Pixar’s “Cars” crew, head to Radiator Springs, also known as “the cutest little town in Carburetor County.” Be sure to make a pit stop at Radiator Springs Racers, the high-octane adventure that revs through the beautiful mountains of Ornament Valley.
6. “Mickey’s PhilharMagic” – The spectacular magic of Disney animation comes to life in this 3D movie musical. Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck and other favorite Disney characters now take the stage in this 3D fantasy adventure in the Sunset Showcase Theater in Hollywood Land.
7. Animation Academy – A guest favorite, Animation Academy hosts drawing classes every 30 minutes. Receive step-by-step instruction on how to illustrate some of your favorite Disney characters under the guidance of a Disney artist. All ages and experience levels are welcome!
8. Super Heroes – In Hollywood Land, encounter some of the most admired Super Heroes in the universe, including Captain Marvel, Spider-Man, Captain America and Black Panther. Suit up and head to Hollywood Land. Afterwards, hop aboard Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! and help rescue Rocket’s fellow Guardians all while jamming out to Star-Lord’s classic mixtapes.
9. “Frozen – Live at the Hyperion” – Stay cool indoors and enjoy a theatrical adaptation based on Disney’s animated blockbuster film, “Frozen.” Performed daily at the Hyperion Theater, the impressive stage show immerses you in the beloved world of Anna and Elsa, with all of the excitement of live theater. The elaborate costumes and sets, stunning special effects, and show-stopping production numbers are not to be missed.
10. “World of Color” – This breathtaking nighttime extravaganza tells Disney and Pixar stories vividly projected on a screen created by more than 1,200 fountains spraying 19,000 square feet of water. Watch in wonder as water, fire, light and music weave together to celebrate the magic of Disney storytelling.
What are your “can’t miss” experiences at Disney California Adventure park?
Redwood Creek Challenge Trail is a great place for kids to explore and burn off lots of energy. The playground is terrific. Zip line, slides, bridges, wall climbing, and more. It’s a cool and relaxing spot for adults. Check it out!
You forgot to mention the Toy Story ride. Great 3D interactive game/ride. Better than Astro blasters in dland.
We are going to Disneyland in early August. The electrical parade will be there. Does anyone know the show times and if there is going to be any dining packages? We love dining packages and hope it will be available.
PLEASE extend Soarin’ over California through September. I’d love to see that version during my visit!
Soarin’ Over California is much better. Thanks for returning it at least for the summer….I also wish they would bring back the Mad T Party Band.
I have 5 grandchildren for my lil grand daughters there are plenty of princesses for them to visit. However for my grandsons there are only a few character experiences. My 3 year old grandson absolutely loves Buzz lightyear. Why don’t they have these experiences available for boys as they do for girls
Soarin’ Over California needs to be permanent. “World” was a disappointment.
DCA needs to have the original Soarin over California. After all it is called Disney’s California Adventure. It has less and less to do with California. California needs something that’s only found in California. We don’t have anything exclusive to here, unlike the other parks. You can keep Soarin around the world for the other parks.
I’m with Dona and Shannon–keep Soarin’ Over California permanently, or at least play it on a regular schedule in rotation with “Over the World.”
We were at Disneyland for a week in late May. Had we known Soarin’ Over California would be showing in June, we would have made our reservations to coincide with it. It’s one of the greatest Disney attractions ever!
Yes!! Soarin’ Over California is now back through August! Although I love the original, it is getting to show its age so I understand why Disney wants Soarin’ Around the World to return beginning September 1! Here’s to hoping this limited time return is because Disney Imagineers are working on a new version of Soarin’ Over California exclusively for Disney’s California Adventure!!
Every time I vist DCA, I love it more and more. Disney is doing a great job of growing DCA into one of the Great Disney parks. Also, don’t miss the 5 & dime musical group. They are my favorite group in all of Disney resort.
Yes! You extended Soarin’ over California, thank you! Even better – consider keeping it permanently. The original is superior in its sensation of flight, music, smells, beautiful natural vistas – and without the distracting visual distortions of the Eiffel Tower and the Taj Mahal.
Love the Animation Academy – although it seems to have shorter drawing time than before?
Cars Land is a blast – although I miss the DJ Dance & Drive show. It was always fun watching young children joyfully gain confidence through interacting with the cast.
Nice job on the Lion King show.
Will you bring back a parade to DCA?
Original Soarin’ back where it belongs!!