This week, along with several Father’s Day-related stories, we shared some exciting announcements, including the return of “Guardians of the Galaxy – Awesome Mix Live!” at Epcot.
From now until August 18, you can catch “Guardians of the Galaxy – Awesome Mix Live!” five times a day at the America Gardens Theatre at Epcot and see Star-Lord and Gamora in person as a 7-piece alien band brings timeless classics from the 70s and 80 to life. Baby Groot even makes an appearance!
We also posted a special story highlighting favorite AWESOME eats and sips created just for this intergalactic concert.
For more details about this out-of-this-world musical event and how you can experience it this summer at Epcot, visit our “Guardians of the Galaxy – Awesome Mix Live!” Returns story.
And many of you know, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is all about living your own Star Wars story. This week, we also shared helpful information for off-worlders visiting Batuu and dressing in attire befitting their stories.
While costumes may not be worn by guests 14 years of age or older, appropriate bounding—dressing in outfits inspired by Star Wars—is permitted. Visit Kevin’s original Bounding for Your Visit to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland Resort for a look at permitted attire.
Here are some of the other stories we worked on this week.
- Celebrate Father’s Day With Our Wallpaper Featuring Pongo and His Puppies from ’101 Dalmatians’ – We’re celebrating Father’s Day with this brand-new Disney Parks Blog wallpaper. This design, created by artist Ashley Taylor, features lovable dad Pongo and his pups from the 1961 film, “101 Dalmatians.”
- New and Favorite Toy Story Adventures Now Playing at Disneyland Resort – With Disney and Pixar’s “Toy Story 4” hitting theaters June 21, 2019, now is the perfect time to live out your Toy Story adventures at the Disneyland Resort. Here are a few ways to join Buzz, Woody, Bo Peep and the gang on your next visit this summer.
- Women Behind the Magic: The Passion and Skill That Brought Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge to Life – To kick off our new #WomenBehindtheMagic blog series, we’re excited to introduce you to several women who brought the planet Batuu to life in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, now open at Disneyland Resort and opening August 29 at Walt Disney World Resort.
- New Orleans and Princess Tiana Take Center Stage in Enhancements Coming to the Disney Wonder – The world of “The Princess and the Frog” will come to life in new ways on the Disney Wonder this fall with the addition of an exciting New Orleans-themed lounge that will transport guests deeper into the heart of the city’s iconic French Quarter.
- Find Your #HappyPlace: Imagination Pink and Magic Mirror Metallic Hit Disney Parks & shopDisney.com – Calling all fashionistas looking to rock their #DisneyStyle! TWO brand-new color trends have landed at Disney Parks and shopDisney.com: Imagination Pink and Magic Mirror Metallic.
- VIDEO: Celebrating 60 Years of Disneyland Monorail, Matterhorn Bobsleds and Submarine Voyage at Disneyland Park – On Friday, Disneyland Park celebrated 60 magical years of three iconic attractions: Disneyland Monorail, Matterhorn Bobsleds and Submarine Voyage, which is now the re-imagined Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage.