This week, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, the epic new land at Disneyland park, officially opened!*
Did you see the spectacular dedication ceremony streamed LIVE right here on the Disney Parks Blog? To dedicate Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, Disney Chairman and CEO Bob Iger was joined in front of the Millennium Falcon by Star Wars icons including George Lucas, Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill and Billy Dee Williams. And during the historic ceremony – which was set to the John Williams score composed especially for the land – the fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy (the Millennium Falcon) roared to life!
As regular readers know, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is now open to the public at Disneyland Resort and will open at Walt Disney World Resort on Aug. 29, with guests able to take the controls of the most famous ship in the galaxy aboard Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run. Our own Michael Ramirez toured the attraction and shared an amazing video look, especially for Disney Parks Blog readers.
For more details about the experiences awaiting you on Batuu, visit our special Star Wars at Disney Parks page. Our exclusive Disney Parks Blog “Building Batuu” series and “Know Before You Go” series will have you ready for your first visit!
Here are some of the other stories we worked on this week.
- Grab a Galactic Bite at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge – Now Open at Disneyland Resort! – As we celebrate the official opening of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland Resort, Alex Dunlap details all the new food offerings for all of you off-worlders visiting the planet of Batuu this summer.
- Get Ready to Eat, Sip, Repeat! Only 3 Months Until the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival Begins Aug. 29 – Less than three months to go until the 24th Epcot International Food & Wine Festival kicks off on Aug. 29, and we have more details you can use to prepare for the record-setting 87-day event!
- First Guests Land at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge in Disneyland Park – Bright Suns! On Friday, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge officially opened for Disneyland park guests! This historic opening is the largest and most technologically advanced single-themed land expansion ever in a Disney park.
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Now Open for Guests at Disneyland Park – Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, the epic new land inside Disneyland park, is now open!* With so many experiences awaiting you on Batuu, here’s what’s in store for your visit to this remote planet.
- Epcot Updates Coming to D23 Expo 2019 – We’re just under three months away from the D23 Expo 2019 in Anaheim, where we will be unveiling more of our transformative plans for Epcot. To whet your appetite, here are three things to look forward to.
- Foodie Guide to H2O Glow Nights at Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon – Get ready to splash into summer with H2O Glow Nights at Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon. This exciting glow party has returned once again to the water park, bringing even more flashy, splashy, glow-in-the-dark fun!
- Walt Disney World Resort Sweet Treats: May 2019 – Do you have a hankerin’ for something sweet? This month’s Sweet Treats contains a few offerings that will definitely satisfy your sweet tooth!
- Top 10 Things to Do this Summer 2019 at Disneyland Resort – This summer at the Disneyland Resort is sure to be a cool place for hot experiences! Explore new adventures, watch new shows, meet new Disney characters, plus experience a new land – Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.
*Reservations required to visit Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge from May 31 to June 23 at Disneyland Park in California. Theme parks, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge and its experiences are subject to capacity.