If you’re a Walt Disney World Resort Passholder, you’re able to enjoy a full year of magic, and this summer you can take advantage of several new perks and benefits with special, limited-time offerings. From special ticket deals to exclusive merchandise opportunities and other experiences, now, more than ever, is the time for Passholders to explore the many options available to them at Walt Disney World Resort.
New and limited-time Passholder offerings for this summer include:
- Ticket deals
- With the return of the popular Bring-a-Friend offer, select Passholders can share the magic of Disney with others through the purchase of a 1-day ticket with Park Hopper Option for the special price of $89 plus tax, available for purchase and use from June 18-Aug. 8, 2019 (offer valid for Gold, Platinum, Platinum Plus and Premier Passholders). Tickets will be available for purchase at theme park ticket windows and must be used on the date of purchase. Passholders can purchase up to six (6) tickets over the course of this promotion.
- Beginning July 5, Passholders will be able to purchase a new Summer Splash Pass to receive unlimited visits to Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park and Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park from July 5-Sept. 7, 2019 for the same cost as a non-discounted 1-day water park ticket, $69 plus tax. Tickets will be available for purchase at water park ticket windows.
- Special event offers
- H2O Glow Nights are back in 2019 at Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon water park, and Passholders can save $15 off the price sold at the ticket window when purchasing tickets in advance for this nighttime party on select nights. While at the party, Passholders can meet Bo Peep from Disney•Pixar’s “Toy Story 4” in an experience exclusive to them through June 29, 2019.
- Passholders can take a walk on the vile side during Disney Villains After Hours, a special event held on select nights this summer at Magic Kingdom Park, and will save $30 off the price sold at the ticket window when purchasing tickets in advance. Beginning June 27, they will also receive a complimentary special Passholder Disney Villains After Hours ornament featuring Hades while at the event (limit one (1) per Passholder while supplies list). Ornaments can be picked up at Mickey’s Star Traders in Tomorrowland during the event.
- Limited-time dining discounts
- Select table-service restaurants across Walt Disney World Resort will offer Passholders a 20% discount on lunch (11:30 a.m.-4 p.m.) now through July 2, 2019. Visit DisneyWorld.com/Passholder for specific locations.
For more information on these summer offers, visit DisneyWorld.com/APExtras.
In addition, we’re excited to share that Platinum, Platinum Plus and Premier Annual Passholders will be among the first to experience Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, with complimentary special preview opportunities planned before the land’s opening on Aug. 29. Capacity is limited and will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. More information and registration details for previews will be shared at a later date.
These added perks join a host of offerings already available to all Walt Disney World Resort Passholders, including:
- Up to 20% off select merchandise
- Up to 20% off at select table-service dining locations
- Complimentary standard parking at theme parks and water parks
- Special offers on stays at Disney Resort hotels from time to time
You can visit DisneyWorld.com/PassBenefits for more information on all Walt Disney World Passholder benefits.
Summer 2019 is an amazing time to visit Walt Disney World Resort, with new and beloved experiences at all four theme parks:
- Get your ears on during Mickey & Minnie’s Surprise Celebration at Magic Kingdom Park, with the new “Move It! Shake It! MousekeDance It! Street Party,” featuring those true originals, Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse.
- Party with Pixar pals at Disney’s Hollywood Studios during the park’s 30th anniversary year, featuring The Incredibles, Mike and Sulley from Disney•Pixar’s “Monsters, Inc.”; Woody, Buzz Lightyear and the gang at the new Toy Story Land; and the new Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy that takes you into the world of Disney•Pixar’s “Cars.” Plus, each night the new “Wonderful World of Animation” show transforms the Chinese Theatre with a stirring tribute to Disney animation.
- Pandora – The World of Avatar comes to life at night at Disney’s Animal Kingdom with bioluminescent fauna and flora. And now evenings in the park are even more special with the new “Rivers of Light: We Are One,” featuring additional stunning imagery and familiar animal characters to the popular nighttime show on Discovery River. Also new, the Tree of Life awakens in a whole new way to honor the 25th anniversary of “The Lion King,” with beautiful projections on the iconic tree featuring music and animation paying tribute to the classic film.
- Epcot is bidding a fond farewell to “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth” before the nighttime spectacular takes its final bow on Sept. 30, 2019. And guests can experience a special out-of-this-world daily summer concert series during “Guardians of the Galaxy – Awesome Mix Live!” at the America Gardens Theatre, June 14 through Aug. 18, 2019.
Frustrated that I’ve also called and still never receive any emails for passholders. I’ve signed up for every kind of email under preferences, still nothing.
For those posting they haven’t received communications for VIPassholders and other AP Perks – I contacted Passholder Support and was given this response:
“Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort and for being one of our valued Annual Passholders!
We do want to thank you very much for being a part of our family here! We do apologize that you have not been getting these communications. If you are a Canadian resident this would be the reason you have not received them due to certain laws! If you keep an eye out on the Annual Passholder Benefits page or any social media and hear about the preview being released, you would just need to give our VIPassholder Support Line a call and we can see what we can do for you! You can reach these cast members at 407-560-7277 and we are here from 7 AM- 11 PM EST every day! We do apologize again and hope you are excited about your trip! “
Please reconsider extending the Galaxy’s Edge preview to Gold Passholder. This is truly a sad one for me. Quite crushed…
I am a platinum pass holder and also would like to know how I can sign up for the Galaxy’s Edge preview??
As a Platinum Passholder, I’ve never received any emails about events, either. This is definitely a flaw in their system that needs to be fixed. My husband and I definitely want to attend the Galaxy’s Edge event, I just hope we get some type of information about how to register for the event.
I have had annual passes since becoming a DVC member in 1999 and have never received anything from them. I have called and logged into the system numerous times. I will be at DW from August 22 to 29 and am SO hoping to get to review the new land. Watching my emails like crazy!
I am also a platinum passholder, and have been for many many years, I also have never received any of the emails for the promotional things going on. I have called several times and supposedly been updated to receive these emails, but still have not received any. It is very saddening that we pay so much but are not always provided what is stated will be offered to us. I still LOVE Disney though!!
I am a new Gold Passholder. I think Disney should reconsider including us in the SWGE preview options. Let the Magic begin please!
Thank you for finally taking care of your higher paying levels! You get what you pay for! Hoping to have a nice exclusive view at Galaxy’s edge! Watching my emails like a hawk!
I wish they would have a Passholder website. I also, have never received any emails or notices about special events and merchandise. I have called, talked to guest services at multiple parks, and reset my preferences many times.This would be a benefit to everyone. It would give all Passholders the ability to attend or buy merchandise. Disney needs to address this flaw in their system.
Disappointed that Disney excluded its Gold passholders from the Galaxy’s edge preview. I feel unappreciated and undervalued.
I too do not get any emails by being an annual passholder. I never know what going on. Its disappointing since I’ve been a member since the early 90s and no matter what I do… I dont hear about anything. I’ve been to Disney when something has happened and only heard about it that way. What am I missing out on??
Disney please re-evaluate your position to include Gold Passholders for Galaxy’s Edge previews. As a platinum passholder for years i am extremely disappointed that since I switched to the Gold pass last year i’m being excluded.
Can you purchase more than one of the summer Splash Pass like you can a discounted water park ticket or do you have to be a Passholder to have one and one/person?
This SWGE exclusion is rather disappointing. Will Disney be re-evaluating their position to include Gold Pass members for the Star Wars preview?
100% agree with Simon from the UK. I am an AP and DVC member. Never get the emails, never get the free passholder merch or mail. Even when I enquire just get redirected to the UK site. I wait with bated breath…but won’t be holding it!
We are also Platinum Plus Passholders (UK based) who never, ever get communications about Passholder previews & events. It would be nice if this could be sorted for the SWGE previews so that we can enjoy the same benefits as everybody else!
Just one day after offering these ticket deals, the AP prices increased dramatically. The DVC discounted passes increased between $90. and $150. while the general public platinum plus pass increased a whopping $225! No thanks.
Would really appreciate the Star Wars offer being extended to Gold passholders also as special events have in the past. Please consider this.
“Please can you tell me how registration for the Galaxy’s Edge preview will be done? I am a Platinum Plus Passholder (UK based) and despite asking on numerous occasions never ever receive Passholder communications via post or email. If the preview registration is done by email we will yet again miss out which is not fair. A website with the details would be much more fair than emails which not all eligible Passholders receive.”
I am glad this is not just me, we never get the communications either despite going through the instructions to reset communication preferences at least twice in the last 6 months. Really would like to be able to register for a galaxy edge preview.
Any updates on when we should expect the emails for SWGE passholders preview?
I think one day for an AP Galaxy’s Edge preview is not enough of an opportunity given the anticipated popularity of the attraction and the expected record number of guests that is expected to visit the land.
I wouldn’t mind the dates be spread out across several dates and times during the time where reservations would be required given the time limit to visit Galaxy’s Edge would be 4 hours initially.
Very disappointed as a Gold AP holder that has been able to attend both Pandora & TSL previews. I am hoping Disney is still considering a DVC preview as we are the ones invested in the future of Disney.
Please consider extending the ticket offers to DVC members who’ve paid many thousands of dollars for their membership and dues. It shouldn’t be a requirement to have an annual pass to purchase an $89. one-day hopper. I’d much rather purchase the $69. Summer Splash pass than use the current DVC discount for a one-day ticket at $49. Show us some love!
Will there be an email notification with a link? As a Platinum Passholder, I do not want to miss this.
How long would a Gold Passholder have to upgrade to be eligible for the previews? I’m coming up Sunday but not sure if the cutoff will be before then.
Any idea what dates they will be? Our pass expires on Aug 31. We had planned a trip to use it one last time and then they announced the SWGE opening. I was not sure if I was excited or worried it would ruin our trip. Course, they announced the Extra, Extra magic hours, that start day after our trip. Hoping Aug 28 is a day we can try to get in for a passholder early entry.
no DVC preview either?
Agreed. Very disappointing.
Please can you tell me how registration for the Galaxy’s Edge preview will be done? I am a Platinum Plus Passholder (UK based) and despite asking on numerous occasions never ever receive Passholder communications via post or email. If the preview registration is done by email we will yet again miss out which is not fair. A website with the details would be much more fair than emails which not all eligible Passholders receive.
Well that’s disappointing Gold (or silver) passholders aren’t going to be included in the Galaxy’s Edge previews.