As many of you have seen, this state-of-the-art transportation system offers a new way to experience the resort with amazing views only available from the sky. Disney Skyliner connects Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Epcot to four resort hotels- Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, Disney’s Pop Century Resort, Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort and the new Disney’s Riviera Resort scheduled to open in December 2019.
Check out our original Disney Skyliner story for more details.
Also this week, we welcomed the one millionth member of Hondo Ohnaka’s flight crew to take the controls of the Millennium Falcon!
Since opening on May 31, visitors to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland park have had the opportunity to step inside the largest single-themed land in Disney Parks history. Guests are raving about many immersive experiences to explore on the remote planet of Batuu, including blasting across the galaxy aboard Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run – already one of the Disneyland Resort’s top-rated attractions.
Disney cast members who helped make the opening of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge a success were on hand to welcome the Ridgeway family from Ocean Springs, Miss. Jonathan Ridgeway, 8, climbed aboard the “fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy” along with mom Becky, dad Roger and brother Logan, 4.
Check out our original 1 Millionth Rider on Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run story for more details.
Here are some of the other stories we worked on this week.
- Disneyland Celebrates 64 Years of Magic – Today we commemorate 64 years since the opening day of Disneyland with festivities that included the “Happiest March on Earth” down Main Street, U.S.A. Disneyland Resort Ambassadors were joined by the Dapper Dans, the world-famous Disneyland Band and a cast of Disney characters to lead guests in a round of “Happy Birthday to You” in celebration of this happiest place.
- Starships Have Landed at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge in Disneyland Park – Buckle your seat belts and get ready for the ride of a lifetime. Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland park will transport you to a galaxy far, far away. While on the planet Batuu, you may spot some iconic starships and vehicles up-close.
- Get Ready for Gametime at Newly Opened NBA Store at Disney Springs – We’re almost ready for tipoff at NBA Experience, so it’s time to start dressing the part! This new, one-of-a-kind destination coming to Disney Springs officially debuts Aug. 12, and you can already find cool, exclusive merchandise at the NBA Store that’s now open inside NBA Experience. It’s the place for items that blend NBA authenticity with Disney storytelling.
- Just Announced! Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Plans for D23 Expo 2019 – In just a little over a month, the Anaheim Convention Center will open its doors to fans of The Walt Disney Company at the D23 Expo from Aug. 23 through 25. We’re hard at work planning to bring all our fans another exciting weekend packed with panels, presentations, displays, shopping and surprises, and D23 just shared more about what we have in store.
- New Fireworks, Enhanced Attractions and More Highlight Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at Magic Kingdom Park – Fall will be here before you know it, and that means it’s almost time for my favorite event of the year Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party! And this year will be particularly exciting with several returning favorites and some all-new experiences, highlighted by the debut of the incredible new “Disney’s Not-So-Spooky Spectacular.”
- Disney’s Riviera Resort Celebrates the Elegance of the European Riviera, with a Disney Twist – For centuries, the European Riviera has inspired visitors to relax, rejuvenate and play along the Mediterranean. At Disney’s Riviera Resort, projected to open December 2019, the history and charm that enchanted Walt and Lillian Disney, and so many others, will be yours to experience.