In just a little over a month, the Anaheim Convention Center will open its doors to fans of The Walt Disney Company at the D23 Expo from Aug. 23 through 25. We’re hard at work planning to bring all our fans another exciting weekend packed with panels, presentations, displays, shopping and surprises, and D23 just shared more about what we have in store.
All weekend long, D23 Expo attendees can experience the Disney Parks “Imagining Tomorrow, Today” pavilion, which will give fans a unique look at the exciting developments underway at our parks and resorts around the world, including the historic transformation of Epcot coming to Walt Disney World Resort. Also in the pavilion, fans can get a first look at Tony Stark’s latest plans to recruit guests to join alongside the Avengers in fully immersive areas coming to Hong Kong, Paris, and California.
Hungry for more details around the much-anticipated attractions and experiences coming to Disney Parks? The fan-favorite Hall D23 presentation featuring Bob Chapek, chairman of Disney Parks, Experiences and Products, will take place Sunday, Aug. 25, at 10:30 a.m. Stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog for coverage on these announcements throughout the event.
Throughout the three-day event, fans can scoop up never-before-seen collectibles at shops on the Expo floor including:
- shopDisney.com | Disney Store
- Disney DreamStore
- Mickey’s of Glendale
- Mickey’s of Glendale Pin Store
Each day of the D23 Expo, fans can discover exciting offerings including several special panel presentations covering everything from the rich history of Haunted Mansion to the immersive storytelling of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. Check out the line-up of panels:
Friday, Aug. 23
- 12:30 p.m. – The Music and Sounds of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at D23 Expo Arena
- 4 p.m. – Behind the Art of Disney Costuming: Heroes, Villains and Spaces Between at Stage 28
Saturday, Aug. 24
- 12:30 p.m. – Haunted Mansion: Celebrating 50 Years at D23 Expo Arena
- 3:30 p.m. – Immersive Worlds: Bringing Stories to Life in Disney Parks at Stage 28
- 6 p.m. – Travels with Marty: A Conversation with the Sklars and Imagineers at Walt Disney Archives Stage
Sunday, Aug. 25
- 2 p.m. – Inspiring Women Behind Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Stage 28
- 4 p.m. – Magic Journey: My Fantastical Walt Disney Imagineering Career with Kevin Rafferty at Walt Disney Archives Stage
- 5:30 p.m. – Marc Davis in His Own Words – Imagineering the Disney Theme Park at Stage 28
For more information on tickets and D23 Expo 2019, visit D23expo.com. Be sure to join the conversation by following DisneyD23 on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube, and use the hashtag #D23Expo.
I so excited for the announcement about the New Epcot!
It would be wonderful to see the return visit of all of those ‘kids’ who visited Disneyland in 1956 as The International Young Ambassadors. They were Disney competition winners from all over the world. Many are still alive today and in their seventies; I am in regular contact with one who still speaks excitedly of that amazing visit where they met so many delightful Disney characters and other personalities like Fess Parker, Walt Disney, the Governor of California and President Eisenhower. (I’m still searching the ‘archives’)
A return visit is perhaps too late for this expo but maybe the next! It would be a great promotion.
JM…. Australia….always a Disney fan.
Will they provide details on how Marvel Land fits into the California theme of California Adventure?
This schedule is different than what was posted on D23. Specifically, August 23rd: 4 p.m. – Behind the Art of Disney Costuming: Heroes, Villains and Spaces Between at Stage 28. According to D23, this panel takes place on Sunday, August 25, 10 a.m., Stage 28. Can you please confirm? Thanks.
Really excited for the expo!