Today, we’re inside Rafiki’s Planet Watch at Disney’s Animal Kingdom to continue our special series of “Learn to Draw” videos featuring your favorite Disney characters! As a tribute to the 1994 animated classic, “The Lion King,” Disney Character Artist Brian James Fichtner joins us from The Animation Experience at Conservation Station with easy-to-follow instructions on creating the young lion hero- Simba.
As you can see in the video, Brian begins the tutorial by drawing circles inside the guidelines for Simba’s eyes and then uses the center guideline to help create his nose before finishing the details of his face. Watch the video, download our paper and then try it yourself!
Also, check out some of our other character tutorials below and let us know who you’d like to see created in the future.
- Learn to Draw: Mickey Mouse Drawing Series Begins with 1920s Art
- Learn to Draw: Sally from Tim Burton’s ‘The Nightmare Before Christmas’
- Learn to Draw: Celebrate Spring With Daisy Duck
- Learn to Draw Aladdin’s Pal, Genie
- Learn to Draw Tinker Bell
- Learn to Draw Buzz Lightyear from ‘Toy Story’
- Learn to Draw Special Edition: ‘Frozen’ Voice Actor Josh Gad Tests His Skills at Drawing Olaf
- Learn to Draw Hiro from ‘Big Hero 6′
- Learn to Draw Mickey’s Pal Pluto
- Learn to Draw Baymax From ‘Big Hero 6’
- Learn to Draw Rapunzel’s Buddy, Pascal
- Learn to Draw Stitch
- Learn to Draw Winnie the Pooh
- Learn to Draw Jack Skellington
- Learn to Draw Oswald the Lucky Rabbit
- Learn How to Draw ‘Frozen’s’ Anna
- Do You Want to Draw a Snowman?