Giddy-up, partner! We’re continuing our exclusive how-to animation series on the Disney Parks Blog with a fun look at how to draw Woody from “Toy Story.” Today, Disney artist Stephen Ketchum joins us in Toy Story Land at Disney’s Hollywood Studios to share easy to follow instructions for bringing Woody to life on paper.
As you can see in our video, Stephen starts with a simple circle about the size of an orange and uses lightly drawn shapes and guidelines to create a perfect Woody. Grab some paper and try it yourself and then see Woody and friends in “Toy Story 4” now in theaters!
Check out our other character tutorials below and let us know who you’d like to see created in the future.
- Learn to Draw Buzz Lightyear from ‘Toy Story’
- Learn to Draw: Sally from Tim Burton’s ‘The Nightmare Before Christmas’
- Learn to Draw: Celebrate Spring With Daisy Duck
- Learn to Draw Aladdin’s Pal, Genie
- Learn to Draw Tinker Bell
- Learn to Draw Special Edition: ‘Frozen’ Voice Actor Josh Gad Tests His Skills at Drawing Olaf
- Learn to Draw Hiro from ‘Big Hero 6′
- Learn to Draw Mickey’s Pal Pluto
- Learn to Draw Baymax From ‘Big Hero 6’
- Learn to Draw Rapunzel’s Buddy, Pascal
- Learn to Draw Stitch
- Learn to Draw Winnie the Pooh
- Learn to Draw Jack Skellington
- Learn to Draw Oswald the Lucky Rabbit
- Learn How to Draw ‘Frozen’s’ Anna
- Do You Want to Draw a Snowman?