Did you know that Disney PhotoPass Service is celebrating its 15th anniversary later this year? Below are 10 more things you might not know about this service at Walt Disney World Resort!
1. Disney PhotoPass Service offers onboard photo capture at 13 Walt Disney World Resort attractions. After linking your attraction photo captured at Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin and The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror you’ll also see an Animated Magic Shot in your Disney account.
2. When you visit a photo booth in the parks or at Disney Springs, you can take home the digital download of the photos you capture as part of your Memory Maker or Memory Maker One Day entitlement.
3. Our new Super Zoom Magic Shot lets you capture yourself in front of Cinderella Castle like never before! From 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. (weather permitting), look for a photographer in the East Plaza Garden at Magic Kingdom Park who will assist you with capturing a one-of-a-kind video and two photos from a unique angle above the park. While all Guests can preview this content in their Disney account, the video can only be downloaded and shared by those with Memory Maker or Memory Maker One Day.
4. There are three Disney PhotoPass Studios at Walt Disney World Resort: at the Marketplace at Disney Springs, Sir Mickey’s at Magic Kingdom Park, and on the second floor of Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. These studios are open to all Guests, and none of them requires a reservation to capture photos. The studios at Magic Kingdom Park and Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa allow you to capture photos in front of a standard backdrop, while the studio at Disney Springs offers both standard backdrops and an assortment of Disney-themed virtual backdrops.
5. Through December 19, 2019, Eligible Service Members and their spouses can purchase Memory Maker for the special price of $98 at Walt Disney World Resort theme park ticket windows. Details about this offer, including applicable terms and conditions, are available here.
6. Each park has a Disney PhotoPass Center you can visit to ask any questions you have about your photos. You can also receive assistance choosing and purchasing the perfect photo products for your vacation, including Memory Maker, Memory Maker One Day, and prints.
7. You can purchase personalized products like ornaments, phone cases, coasters, mugs, photo books, and wood and metal prints featuring your vacation memories by visiting the Disney PhotoPass webpage and following the appropriate links.*
8. Our most popular Magic Shot features Tinker Bell, but we currently offer more than 50 Magic Shots across Walt Disney World Resort! Visit the albums section of our Facebook page to see which ones are currently available in the parks. These albums are continually updated, so be sure to check them out right before your visit.
9. Disney PhotoPass photographers capture photos along the course during runDisney races. You can view these photos in your Disney account alongside your other Disney PhotoPass memories. These race photos are also included as part of an active Memory Maker or Memory Maker One Day entitlement, so you can take home your race photos plus the photos you capture with Disney PhotoPass Service in the parks for one price!
10. You might know that Memory Maker allows you to download all of your Disney PhotoPass photos and videos captured at Walt Disney World Resort during your vacation. But did you also know the price varies depending on when you purchase it? If you purchase Memory Maker three or more days in advance of your vacation, the price is $169. If you purchase it during or after your vacation, the price is $199.**
The Twilight Zone® is a registered trademark of CBS, Inc. and used with permission pursuant to a license with CBS, Inc.
Parks, attractions, entertainment or character experiences may change operating hours; close due to refurbishing, capacity, weather, special events, character availability or other reasons; and otherwise change or be discontinued without notice and without liability to the owners of the Walt Disney World Resort.
*Photo gift products are offered by a third party, EZ Prints. Not all Disney PhotoPass photos can be used in EZ Prints products. Use of Disney PhotoPass photos by EZ Prints will be subject to EZ Prints’ own policies and terms, and Disney will not be responsible for EZ Prints products, site or actions. More information on third-party products can be found in the Disney PhotoPass terms and policies. Subject to restrictions and change without notice.
**Disney PhotoPass Service and Memory Maker are subject to the applicable terms and policies. Includes photos taken during the applicable Memory Maker Window as defined in such terms (generally, photos taken (i) within one day for Memory Maker One Day or (ii) within 30 days from the date of first activation for standard Memory Maker). If Memory Maker is purchased at the advance purchase price, any photos taken within 3 days of the date Memory Maker is purchased are not included and must be purchased separately. A MagicBand is required to receive certain attraction photos and other digital content. Online registration required. Disney PhotoPass Photos in your account will expire pursuant to the expiration policy. Downloads are restricted to personal use only. Not responsible for missing, lost or damaged photos. Subject to restrictions and change without notice. Valid theme park admission required for certain photo locations.
In the post about the Super Zoom Magic Shot, it says “the video can only be downloaded and shared by those with Memory Maker or Memory Maker One Day.”
I have PhotoPass photos included with my AP — will I be able to download the Super Zoom Magic Shot?
If yes, please make this clear on your website.
If not, is there anything else that I will not be able to get?
We just had our Disney vacation the end of August. It was our third trip and knew that purchasing PhotoPass was a must! I wish I had known about the super zoom at the Magic Kingdom. We did get a few cool shots at the photopass center at Disney Springs though! Not to mention all the personalized character meet and greets.
So many wonderful individualized photos were captured by the photographers. We loved the extra mile they all seemed to go to catch just the right picture of my 3 year old hugging and kissing Minnie, twirling with Mickey, and laughing with Elsa and Anna. Then there was the photographer who actually laid on the ground to get the right angle of our 3 and 7 year old next to the castle.
Our one big complaint though was the automated cameras at the Star Wars landing. We did not get a single good interactive photo. None of the kids hugging Chewbacca or “talking” to BB-8. Lots of pictures of people’s backs, and ONLY ONE good photo of us all standing next to each character. Now I hear that ALL of the character meet and greets are changing to this method. Is this true?! That absolutely changes my perspective on the worth of the PhotoPass for future visits. If I wanted amateur photos taken from an app on a phone, I would’ve just used my own phone camera. Which sounds like that may be the way to go in the future.
So many close ups of my daughters’ smiles next to the princesses would not have been possible without a real person to move around and zoom in and out. As my 12 year old daughter said, “Disney is is not a vacation, it’s an experience.” Photopass and photos with the photographers is a huge part of that experience!
Hi great post, I’m looking forward to take the super zoom magic shot.
Question, for some days I’m trying to find the option to buy it with the 3 days in advance price of U$169 but I’m unable to find it, by the app and also accessing by website, it only shows 199 option.