This Halloween season, children’s cauldrons will bubble over with excitement at the new Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party at Disney California Adventure park. This separately ticketed party for the whole family will feature multiple new experiences – including the new Mickey’s Trick & Treat stage show, immersive treat trails and the new “World of Color” nighttime spectacular – “Villainous!”
Little ones will be treated (and maybe even tricked!) to multiple surprises! Here’s what’s in store for kids:
- Mickey’s Trick & Treat – Perfect for little monsters, this new, interactive stage production invites kids of all ages to join Mickey Mouse and his pals as they throw a one-of-a-kind Halloween party! Enjoy dancing, not-so-frightening scary-tales and candy at the Disney Theater in Hollywood Land.
- Villains Grove – Transformed into a wondrous and ethereal world inspired by Disney villains unlike anything seen before, Redwood Creek Challenge Trail will become Villains Grove, tricked out in a dreamlike environment perfect for kids to explore. This family-friendly experience will entice your children with a series of Halloween scenes, each creating a not-so-scary symphony of sound, light and shadows for you and your little ones to explore together!
- Immersive Treat Trails – Take your tiny tykes trick-or-treating at the new, wonderfully wicked treat trails throughout the park. Little ones will be able to see Mad Hatter from Tim Burton’s “Alice in Wonderland,” and even Oogie Boogie himself! Additional treat trails will feature oversized cauldrons full of treats for children of all ages to enjoy.
- “Frightfully Fun Parade” – Children will love dancing along to this fan-favorite parade coming to Disney California Adventure park for the first time! The Headless Horseman of Sleepy Hollow starts the procession, followed by Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse who lead the cavalcade of characters and many mischievous Disney villains who are ready to stir up some trouble along the parade route. Children will love seeing their favorite characters dance and singing to the spell-binding songs of the Halloween season!
- “Villainous!” – Kids will love watching the twisted tale about the young girl Shelley Marie in the new “World of Color” nighttime spectacular. This Halloween story takes you on an unforgettable journey through devious encounters with The Queen, Ursula, Dr Facilier, Hades, Jafar, Maleficent and more! Children will be dazzled with the special effects—from the fountains and lights, to lasers and projections. “Villainous!” shows that, deep down, there’s a little villain in all of us!
This spook-tacular Halloween party would not be a Halloween bash without dressing up! Kids and their parents are encouraged to dress in costume for the occasion.
Oogie Boogie Bash, which takes the place of Mickey’s Halloween Party, is only offered on 20 select nights this fall, starting Sept. 17. For more information, including costume policy guidelines and to purchase tickets, visit Disneyland.com/HalloweenParty.
Can anyone help me with this question: can adults participate in the Treat Trails? I have a special needs nephew, who is 18, that I’ll be taking to Oogie’s Bash this year (we’re both huge TNBC fans). I think he’d really enjoy this particular offering, but I’d hate to go there and have him turned away. Thank you!
Hi Lori! I believe the trick or treat trails are for everyone; children and adults 🙂
Will the villains be making appearances for meet and greets? That’s what I loved most about the parties! And the Cadaver Dans – will they be our for the party? PLEASE say yes!
My wife and I celebrate our anniversary at Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween each year and YES adults may participate in trick or treating! Bring a giant bag because you can repeat the trails as many times as you’d like!
Also, these parties are the ONLY time adults can wear costumes! Enjoy it everyone! It’s a blast!
Treat trails are for everyone! Have all the fun!
Will there still be a fireworks show now that it have moved from Disneyland park?
Lori trick or treating is for everyone.
Will there be a dessert or dinner package for world of color?
I hope Maleficent and Hades will be there to take pictures with? Also excited to see the Headless Horseman there! So very cool! Can’t wait!!!