Super Hero fans are in for a treat this month at the Disneyland Resort! August 31 marks 80 years of Super Heroes and there are plenty of ways to celebrate at Disney California Adventure park. Enjoy specially curated commemorative food and merchandise, as well as entertainment and experiences. Plus, the park is already filled with other exciting offerings—from heroic encounters with favorite Super Heroes to the rockin’ Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT!
Here are eight action-packed ways to celebrate with Super Heroes at Disney California Adventure park this month:
1. Join Rocket on a mission – Hop aboard the Collector’s gantry lift on Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! You’ll help rescue Rocket’s fellow Guardians all while jamming out to Star-Lord’s classic mixtapes. It’ll drop kick you out of this universe!
AP Bonus: Annual Passholders can enjoy an extra hour at Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! after park closing at 9 p.m. beginning Aug. 25 to Aug. 31. APs who are in line for the attraction by 10 p.m. will be accommodated. Plus, APs can take home a special lithograph. One per valid passholder while supplies last. The lithograph will remain the same throughout the offering, and it is not required to ride the attraction in order to obtain the lithograph. Blockout dates apply. Subject to change without notice.
2. Power-up your plate – All that heroism making you hungry? To quench your thirst, Fanta Orange Freeze with Blue Cream is returning to the Studio Catering Co. And keep your eyes peeled for an exciting way to experience everything this truck has to offer! Or sip on the Be Brave, Be Blue cocktail, with Vodka* and Blue Raspberry Lemonade at Hollywood Lounge. While at the Lounge, pick up fresh-baked sourdough Groot-shaped bread! At Award Wieners, indulge in Super Hero-inspired, cinnamon-sugar dusted Funnel Cake Fries with Maple Glaze, Crumbled Bacon and Chocolate Cookie Crumbles. These specialty items will be available August 23 through Sept. 2.
3. Encounter Super Heroes – Experience a heroic encounter with legendary Super Heroes like Captain Marvel, Black Panther, Captain America and Spider-Man in Hollywood Land throughout the day. You also may run into Star-Lord and Gamora on their way to the Milano for the Guardians of the Galaxy: Awesome Dance Off! You’ll be grooving to the music during this awesome rock ‘n’ roll bash!
4. Grab a piece of the action – To rock some Super Hero style, head to The Collector’s Warehouse starting Aug. 9 for commemorative tees and headwear, as well as other Super Hero-themed merchandise.
5. Suit up and smile – Mickey Mouse and pals are also getting into the action! Starting Aug. 9 to Sept. 2, be on the lookout for some favorite Disney characters cosplaying as Super Heroes. Be sure to sport your Super Hero-best** for the day!
6. Put your fearless “face” forward – Stop by one of the face painting stations for a courageous make-over. Guests of all ages can select from a variety of different fierce designs. Will you go “Power Green” for the Hulk? Or will “Spidey Red” bring out the Spider-Man in you?
7. Strike an epic pose – Step (quite literally) into an “Avengers Assemble!” comic book and flex those smiles. In this oversized photo backdrop, you’ll be one of the Super Heroes! This epic photo location will be available Aug. 9 through Sept. 2.
8. Activate your inner artist – Receive step-by-step instructions from a Disney artist on how to draw Super Heroes! Drawing classes will take place at Animation Academy during select times on Aug. 10, 17, 24, 30, 31 and Sept. 1. To add to the fun, you can take home your sketch as a souvenir!
If you happen to be visiting Disney California Adventure park for the actual 80th anniversary on Aug. 31, guests will be treated to a commemorative button upon entry into the theme park, while supplies last.
Attractions, entertainment and offerings are subject to availability, restrictions and change or cancellation without notice.
*Must be 21 years of age or older to consume alcohol; valid photo ID required.
**Park costume guidelines apply.
Nice and all, but what do Superheroes have to do with “exploring specific time periods of [California]?
Awesome! Anyways, still very excited for the upcoming new, Marvel Land!
Awesome! Anyways, hope to see concept art that’s officially released from Disney in the near future. I trust the Imagineers will be creative and make a unique experience for us to enjoy!
Is the AP lithograph mentioned in number 1 only available during the extra hour after park closing, or is it available all day?
Is the AP lithograph free? Or is there a fee?