We are only days away from all four Disney Cruise Line ships transforming into ghoulish wonderlands filled with themed activities and special decorations, and to celebrate, we want to kick off the countdown with a look ahead at Halloween on the High Seas sailings. Have you ever wondered how many days Disney Cruise Line celebrates Halloween? Or just how long it takes to decorate a ship for the holiday? Keep reading to find out more of these frightfully fun facts in this edition of Halloween on the High Seas – by the numbers!
- 5: Number of hours its takes to transform each ship for Halloween on the High Seas.
- 34: Number of sailings featuring Halloween on the High Seas itineraries across all four ships.
- 158: Number of combined days across the Disney Cruise Line fleet where Halloween on the High Seas will be celebrated (the Disney Fantasy has the most days with 51).
- 19: Number of ports families can visit during Halloween on the High Seas sailings, including Disney’s Castaway Cay!
- 2: Halloween on the High Seas cruises are offered in lengths from two nights (from San Diego) all the way to an eight-night Eastern Caribbean departure from Port Canaveral.
- 4: Number of pumpkin trees across Disney Cruise Line inspired by Ray Bradbury’s classic tale about the traditions of Halloween, “The Halloween Tree.” Each ship’s pumpkin tree has its own unique look and personality, and no two hanging Jack-O-Lanterns are the same. A mysterious caretaker tends to each tree, telling stories of the haunted holiday as guests gather in its ghostly shadow.
- 6: Number of themed activities for families on the Halloween on the High Seas sailings, including mask making and pumpkin carving.
- 7: Number of Disney characters dressed up onboard in spook-tacular attire (Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Pluto, Goofy, Donald, Chip and Dale).
- 10: Number of trick-or-treating stations onboard the Disney Magic and Disney Wonder.
- 11: Number of trick-or-treating stations onboard the Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy.
- 1: This holiday celebration featuring spooky parties, lively entertainment and elaborate décor is truly a one-of-a-kind!
- Endless: The number of memories your family will bring home after your Halloween on the High Seas cruise!
Halloween on the High Seas cruises begin sailing in September, so it’s not too late to book your holiday voyage now or start planning for 2020! Let the countdown begin!