The Force is strong at Disney Springs as we prepare for Triple #ForceFriday! If you tuned in to the global reveal livestream last week you probably got a sneak peek of some new products inspired by “Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker,” “The Mandalorian” and “Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order”. Some of these products will be available at World of Disney and The LEGO Store at Disney Springs as part of this exciting event as well as variety of Disney Parks exclusive items. (I’m pretty excited about this new LEGO Star Destroyer!)
The event officially kicks off the evening of October 3 when World of Disney and The LEGO Store will be open from midnight until 3 a.m., giving you access to purchase new galactic finds. Of course, you’ll want to plan to get here a little early so you can enjoy some other out-of-this-galaxy happenings in the Marketplace.
Here are a few important tips and can’t-miss happenings for the event:
- Be sure to check-in and get a numbered wristband near Basin starting at 6 p.m. on Thursday, October 3 from an Event Cast Member. BONUS: Guests who receive a virtual queue wristband will receive a special offer from The VOID so you can check out Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire while you countdown the minutes to midnight. (Valid only until 11 p.m. on October 3. See location for more details.)
- I recommend parking in the Lime or Grapefruit garage for closest access to the event happenings.
- Come hungry! Starting at 9 p.m., themed treats and snacks will be available for purchase, including mini Chewbacca cakes from Amorette’s Patisserie and themed cocktails at select Outdoor Vending Carts—plus Lightsaber Churros starting at 11 p.m. (All available while supplies last.) The guest-favorite Breakfast Poutine from The Daily Poutine will also return and be available until 3 a.m.
- Once you’re fueled up and ready to party head over to the Marketplace Stage from 9 p.m.-2 a.m. for a galactic dance party and mix and mingle with fellow Star Wars fans.
- Please note that if you’re not able to attend the midnight release, products will be available at select locations across Walt Disney World Resort on October 4.
Other fun and family-friendly happenings throughout the weekend include special activations from The LEGO Store including:
- LEGO Millennium Falcon Build: Work with Master Builders Chris Steininger and Erik Varszegi to help build a massive LEGO Millennium Falcon all weekend long, from Friday, October 4-Sunday, October 6 from 12 p.m.-7 p.m daily.
- Imperial Star Destroyer Set Signing: Get your set signed when you meet by LEGO Star Wars Senior Designer, Henrick Anderson and Creative Director, Jens Kronvold Frederiksen on Sunday, October 6 from 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Star Wars Panel: Bringing the Galaxy to Life: Join our expert guests from LEGO and Walt Disney Imagineering as they discuss what it’s like to bring Star Wars to life on Sunday, October 6 at 7:30 p.m.
Make it a galactic shopping weekend with other Star Wars finds at many retail locations including Star Wars Galactic Outpost, Star Wars Trading Post, havaianas, UNIQLO, Stance and Lovepop just to name a few. Be on the lookout for a future release of Star Wars PANDORA charms available on October 8.
Also debuting on October 4 are new “Frozen”-inspired products as part of #FrozenFanFest to celebrate the highly-anticipated debut Disney’s “Frozen 2,” in theatres on November 22. Swing by World of Disney and find everything from toys, apparel, accessories and more worth melting for. (it’s perfect time to get a head start on holiday shopping!) Keep an eye on the Disney Parks Blog for more details and product reveals on October 2 and 4.
With all this and more this year’s Triple #ForceFriday at Disney Springs is shaping up to be another exciting event! Share all your photos with us using #DisneySprings and Triple #ForceFriday. Only one question remains—will you be supporting the light side or dark side?
(Merchandise available while supplies last. Event information subject to change without notice.)
Will we be able to go to The Void for free?
What about the Triple Force Friday event at Downtown Disney in Anaheim? When will those details be up? Will it be similar?