The holidays are one of the most enchanting times of the year to visit the Disneyland Resort and stay at one of three on-property hotels! Here are 10 merry and bright ways you can immerse yourself in the magic of the season:
1. Festive Decor: The Craftsman-inspired design at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa extends to the towering tree lit with Arts and Crafts motif lanterns. The midcentury Disneyland Hotel gives a wintry nod to “it’s a small world” Holiday in its lobby décor. Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel has shells and starfish garland draped on an underwater themed tree for a beachy holiday setting.
2. Grand Gingerbread House and Holiday Treats: In the lobby at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa is a giant gingerbread replica of the hotel. Standing 7-feet tall and 12-feet wide, it is made from 600 pounds of gingerbread, 600 pounds of powdered sugar, 250 pounds of fondant, 1 pound of “pixie dust” and 25 hidden Mickeys! Nearby, purchase sweet treats from the lobby holiday cart.
3. A Grand Gingerbread House Experience: At this hands-on workshop, you can work with the resort’s pastry chefs to make a miniature gingerbread house, wear a souvenir apron and enjoy hot cocoa and cookies. The class is open to the public and takes place at Storytellers Café on select dates Nov. 30 – Dec. 22, 2019. For workshop details, please call (714) 781-DINE or visit Disneyland.com.
4. Disney Princess Breakfast Adventures, Holiday Style: Share special moments with several Disney Princesses while enjoying a three-course brunch at Napa Rose. A dozen new Winter Holiday menu items include orange scones, a Tangled Ham and Cranberry Cheese Sandwich, Mini Chicken and Mickey Pumpkin Spice Waffles, Ariel’s Under the Sea Peppermint Shells and Frozen Gingerbread Cake Pops. The morning includes activities, story time, a private portrait location and premium keepsakes. The breakfast is offered year-round, 8 a.m. to Noon, Thursdays through Mondays.* The Winter Holiday menu is offered Nov. 29, 2019 – Jan. 6, 2020.
5. A Very Merry Holiday Tea: Steakhouse 55 at the Disneyland Hotel offers an elegant afternoon tea on select days from noon to 3 p.m., now through Dec. 31. Savor scones, tea sandwiches, desserts and more. Throughout the year, make plans to attend other themed afternoon tea events, including Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, summer and Halloween. Reservations are recommended.
6. Santa Claus and Carolers: Santa is visiting each Disneyland Resort hotel Nov. 28 through Dec. 24. Meet, greet and take a seat with St. Nick! Then, enjoy the joyful sounds of the Holiday Harmony carolers strolling the Disneyland Hotel and Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel Dec.15-25, and The Handbell Carolers perform at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa Nov. 23, 2019 – Jan. 5, 2020.
7. In-Room Holiday Celebration: Families can deck the halls of their Disneyland Resort hotel room with a little magic from Mickey Mouse. The experience begins as guests discover a holiday banner on the hotel room door, then luminaries give a warm glow throughout the room, leading the family to discover a collection of gifts for all. To arrange this surprise, call Disney Floral & Gifts at (714) 781-4438 or visit www.disneyfloralandgifts.com for details.
8. Holiday Animation Cel Class: Experience what it might have been like to be a Disney Ink & Paint artist! Paint Santa Mickey or Minnie and learn about the history of the Disney hand-drawn animation cel process. This complimentary, one-hour class at Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel is for overnight guests of the Hotels of the Disneyland Resort and is recommended for ages 6 and older. Supplies are provided; space is limited and registration is required.
9. Extra Magic Hour: With easy, convenient access to both parks, guests staying at the Hotels of the Disneyland Resort can make the most of their visit with Extra Magic Hour admission with their valid theme park ticket. Extra Magic Hour offers park admission to a designated theme park one hour earlier than the general public. Separate theme park admission is required.**
10. Seasons of Savings: Save up to 25% off select stays at the Hotels of the Disneyland Resort most Sunday through Thursday nights now through December 19, 2019. Book now through December 5.*** Or, give the gift of a spring getaway! Save up to 25% off select rooms at a Disneyland Resort Hotel for stays from January 5, 2020 to April 6, 2020, when booked by March 14, 2020.**** Visit our offers page for even more ways to save on rooms!
*The Disney Princess Breakfast Adventures event includes five hours of valet parking at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa. Advance reservations are highly recommended and can be made, upon availability, up to 60 days in advance. For more details, please visit Disneyland.com or call (714) 781-DINE. Character appearances and offerings are subject to change.
**Extra Magic Hour is valid for registered Disneyland Resort Hotel Guests for admission to select attractions at designated theme park before the park opens to the general public. Check Disneyland.com for schedule of when each park offers Extra Magic Hour. Each registered hotel Guest (ages 3 and older) must have a valid theme park ticket and active hotel room key card. Applicable theme park, days and times of operation and attractions, offerings and services may vary and are subject to change without notice. Subject to capacity, cancellation and other restrictions.
***Savings based on the non-discounted price for the same room at the same hotel for most Sunday through Thursday nights now through 12/19/19. Book through 12/5/19; travel must be completed by 12/20/19. Premium room types included in offer are Premium, Deluxe and Woods/Garden/Courtyard rooms; select Concierge rooms; and Artisan, Paradise, Junior and Family suites. Not valid on previously booked rooms. Advance reservations required. Subject to availability as the number of rooms allocated for this offer is limited. Excludes applicable fees and taxes. Limit two (2) rooms per reservation and occupancy restrictions apply per room. Not valid in combination with any other hotel discounts or offers. Subject to restrictions and change without notice. Separate theme park admission required to enjoy the parks.
****Savings based on the non-discounted price for the same room at the same hotel for most Sunday through Thursday nights from 1/5/20 through 4/16/20. Book from 11/12/19 through 3/14/20; travel must be completed by 4/17/20. Premium room types included in offer are Premium, Deluxe and Woods/Garden/Courtyard rooms; select Concierge rooms; and only Paradise, Artisan, Junior and Family suites. Not valid on previously booked rooms. Advance reservations required. Subject to availability as the number of rooms allocated for this offer is limited. Excludes applicable fees and taxes. Limit two (2) rooms per reservation and occupancy restrictions apply per room. Not valid in combination with any other hotel discounts or offers. Subject to restrictions and change without notice. Separate theme park admission required to enjoy the parks.
This sounds amazing!!! Which dates are the holiday decorations up?
where is the tree in the cover photo? is that a bank lobby? i don’t remember ever seeing an early ’90s-era bank on disneyland property. the only bank i am aware of was the one on main street.
Wow!!! I love the cell painting. That would be so cool to do. Is it possible to pay for a class if you aren’t starting at the hotels?
Autumn, the tree in the cover picture is in the Grand Californian Hotel lobby.
oops, i meant the first photo in the article. the grand californian has a beautiful lobby!
We visited Disneyland and stayed at the Disney Adventure Hotel. I was disappointed by the meager decorations in the hotel lobby. Two artificial aluminum looking trees by the lobby checkin desk, and two more by the gift store. We have stayed previously at Paradise Pier and it was decked out galore, not so much anymore. It makes ypu think Disney wants everyone to stay at the Grand Califorian Hotel.