It’s that time of year when many of us start thinking about decorating for the holidays. Here at the Disneyland Resort, our resort enhancement team actually started planning for this year’s holiday design last year! Creating, maintaining and storing all of the decorations for the resort is a year-long process for these talented cast members.
The video below shows our resident “elves” hard at work in our warehouse where most of the resort’s yuletide trimmings are stored. From gathering garland to unboxing bows, they ensure every detail of décor is ready to make the season bright at the Disneyland Resort.
A few fun facts about decorating for the holidays at the Disneyland Resort:
- The exterior of Main Street, U.S.A., features approximately 220 garlands that measure more than four miles long, with approximately 80 wreaths and 120 bows bringing the season to life on this charming street.
- It takes nearly three dozen cast members 35 days to install the glittering façade of “it’s a small world” Holiday and nearly 18 days to decorate the holiday attraction’s dazzling interior.
- The Disneyland Christmas tree stands 60-feet tall on Main Street, U.S.A. and features 1,500 Victorian-inspired ornaments with 100 oversized faux candles.
- Sleeping Beauty’s Winter Castle shimmers during the day and is illuminated each night with more than 126,000 twinkling LED lights, sparkling “icicles” and shimmering snow-capped turrets.
- A 50-foot Christmas tree adorns Carthay Circle to help guests get in the holiday spirit. The tree and surrounding buildings are decorated with vintage-style ornaments in keeping with the theme of Buena Vista Street, inspired by Los Angeles as it appeared when Walt Disney arrived in the 1920s.
There is nothing better than the Christmas season at Disneyland Resort! There are beautiful decorations everywhere you look. It is worth spending a couple of hours strolling along Main Street USA, and then again on Buena Vista Street, to see the creative designs in every storefront window.
Let the holidays begin!