This week, we shared exciting news that the all-new “Magic Happens” parade will make its debut at Disneyland park, beginning Feb. 28, 2020.
As you may know, “Magic Happens” celebrates awe-inspiring moments of magic that are at the heart of so many Disney stories. Mickey Mouse will lead this new daytime spectacular down Main Street, U.S.A., revealing a parade of stunning floats, beautiful costumes and beloved Disney characters. “Magic Happens” will also feature an energetic musical score and a new song, co-composed by singer-songwriter Todrick Hall.
Check out Shawn’s earlier story for more details on this upcoming parade.
Also this week, we invited readers to join us for a special #DisneyParksLIVE stream of the grand opening of Disney’s Riviera Resort tomorrow at 9:55 a.m. EST – right here on the Disney Parks Blog.
During the LIVE stream, you’ll be able to see the dedication moment, listen to the music of the European Riviera, enjoy the entertainment and toast the opening of the newest Walt Disney World Resort and Disney Vacation Club property.
The event begins at 9:55 a.m. EST on December 16. To watch, simply visit the Disney Parks Blog. The live stream will be the lead story!
Here are some of the other stories we worked on this week.
- Citizens of Hollywood Taste Test Festive Favorites – There are plenty of delectable reasons to love the holidays at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, including tasty desserts such as Gingerbread Cookies, Elsa’s Magical Macarons, and the Chestnut Pinecone.
- See What’s ‘In Store’ at these 12 Holiday Shopping Destinations at Disneyland Resort – Part of the holiday season fun is experiencing the joy of gift giving. The many festive shopping locations with beautiful holiday displays throughout the resort add to the excitement! Let’s take a look at 12 of our favorite shopping spots.
- VIDEO: All-Things Gingerbread for the Holidays at Disneyland Resort – In celebration of National Gingerbread House Day earlier this week, we took a stroll around the Disneyland Resort to spot all-things gingerbread—including treats to snack on and eye-candy displays to admire. Let’s take a look at what we’ve found.
- Find Your #HappyPlace: Our Favorite Lounges at the Resorts – We recently shared our visit to Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort, where we highlighted the delicious food and beverages at Sebastian’s Bistro and Banana Cabana. And over at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, the newly opened Enchanted Rose lounge has become a must-see for guests. That got us thinking about our favorite lounges at the many resorts at Walt Disney World. Here are just a few that we feel you can’t miss!
- 2020 Epcot International Festival of the Arts Announces Festival Additions and Updated Disney on Broadway Lineup – Epcot International Festival of the Arts at Walt Disney World Resort will kick-off its annual global celebration of visual, culinary and performing arts Jan. 17- Feb. 24, 2020. The new Wonderful Walk of Colorful Cuisine debuts at this year’s festival, showcasing food creations that make you look twice and delight all your senses.
- Book Tickets Now for ‘Drawn to Life,’ the New Cirque du Soleil Show Coming to Disney Springs in Spring 2020 – Earlier this season, we shared a spectacular behind-the-scenes look at the creation of a new Cirque du Soleil show that’s coming very soon to Disney Springs at Walt Disney World Resort. This week, we unveiled the show’s name will be “Drawn to Life” (grab tickets here now!).
- ‘Indiana Jones Adventure – The Gifts of Mara’ Experience Now Available in the Play Disney Parks App at Disneyland Resort – Welcome, my friends! Who’s ready for some nostalgia? When Indiana Jones Adventure first opened back in 1995, guests would receive a decoder card that helped them translate and decipher the Mara-glyphics hidden throughout the queue as they waited to board their troop transports and head out on their adventure.