Are you ready to rise up with the Resistance? Today’s the day this first-of-its-kind attraction, Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, debuts at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. If you plan on going out to experience it, no matter if you’re partial to the Light side or the Dark side, we will be using a virtual queue as one of the tools to help reduce your time in line. This will give you more time to enjoy the rest of the theme park.
For those going to Disney’s Hollywood Studios today, the first step is to make sure you download the My Disney Experience app if you don’t already have it. Once you enter the park, open the Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge section and go to “Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance – Access by Boarding Group.” Click on “Find Out More.” The next screen will share the current boarding status of Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance. If boarding groups are available, you may be able to tap “Join Boarding Group.” There will also be a display indicating which boarding group may now enter the attraction.
Additional information about virtual queue:
- If “Join a Boarding Group” is grayed out, that means the boarding groups are full for the day and are no longer available.
- As long as your My Disney Experience account is linked to park tickets for you and the others in your group, you’ll be able to enroll everyone in the virtual queue at the same time.
- Make sure push notifications are turned on for My Disney Experience so you will be alerted if your boarding group is called to return.
- You’ll have up to two hours from the time of the alert to go to the entrance of Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, so there’s no need to rush right over. Once there, you can expect to wait and spend some time getting immersed in the story and soaking in the rich details before experiencing the attraction.
- Please note that joining a boarding group does not guarantee the ability to experience Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
If you have any questions or need a hand with the virtual queue, the members of the Guest Experience Team are available throughout the park to assist. And while you wait for your turn to rise, there’s plenty to do around Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Sing along with the Royal Historians of Arendelle at “For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration;” drop in for a visit at the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror; stop by Andy’s backyard in Toy Story Land; or enjoy any number of experiences that let you live your own adventure!
We’re using the virtual queue because we expect this ambitious new attraction will be very popular. It’s safe to say, there is nothing in the world quite like Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
If you have all 4 tickets loaded onto your disneyland app can you buy all the boarding passes from that phone or do you have to get them separately for each person? Thanks!
Since many were in galaxies edge for the rise of the resistance was this a boarding group just for the new ride or to get into the land itself like it was when Smugglers Run opened. And will you be able to make boarding passes for both rides if they are being utilized that day?
I spoke with Disney Signature Services yesterday and asked the same question.
We will be there over New Year’s and I was wondering when we could join a boarding group.
Could we join via the MDE app from our hotel or did we have to be at the park?
You do have to be at the park to join but boarding groups will only be used if needed based on how busy it is.
The person I spoke with said there probably wouldn’t be boarding groups when we are there but because it’s over New Year’s there is a possibility because the holidays are so busy at Disney World parks.
When Millennium Falcon first opened boarding groups were used initially but now there is just a wait time posted on the app.
Hope this helps.
I would like to know if the virtual line queue is only being used today or if it is being used permanently.
Will the Virtual Queue only be used today or from here on out when necessary?